+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hep Education related - Creating EE profile

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please note that some applicants had issued last year with the reference number. If the ECA was issued before 2015, it most probably wouldn't have the reference number ending with IMM. He has to talk to WES and get this sorted out.
i spoke to one of the call center agents at WES, but she said i will have to contact the organization to which report is being issued.

i do not want to go through getting all the documents from my institute again and pay twice for same thing.

anyone, who got creds assessed prior to this eca for cic and have included it in their profile ? any help will be appreciated.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please note that some applicants had issued last year with the reference number. If the ECA was issued before 2015, it most probably wouldn't have the reference number ending with IMM. He has to talk to WES and get this sorted out.
A silly question, just need to know while mentioning the reference number do we also mention the IMM part in the EE profile?
supposing in my report ECA# is 38779924IMM, do i mention it as 38779924 or 38779924IMM?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
A silly question, just need to know while mentioning the reference number do we also mention the IMM part in the EE profile?
supposing in my report ECA# is 38779924IMM, do i mention it as 38779924 or 38779924IMM?
Yes. You must mention your reference ID in full.

Vinods

Oct 30, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. Any foreign degree/diploma without an ECA is not acceptable. You cannot add that as a part of your application.
Is this also the case for spouse education if spouse is included in the application? If ECA for spouse education has not been done as in my case my spouse would not be getting the ECA done nor the language test taken, wouldn't I have to atleast fill up the education details? and what to mention in her language section?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vinods said:
Is this also the case for spouse education if spouse is included in the application? If ECA for spouse education has not been done as in my case my spouse would not be getting the ECA done nor the language test taken, wouldn't I have to atleast fill up the education details? and what to mention in her language section?
You will not get any points for your spouse education if she doesn't have an ECA and you don't need to declare anything that does not give you points in the EE application.

In the post ITA application, you will retain all study/work that don't give you points in the personal history section alone. For anything you mention in the education/work exp section in the post ITA profile, you will have to provide proof!

So remember, if a work exp or degree/diploma does not award you points, don't declare it in the work history section/education section respectively.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You will not get any points for your spouse education if she doesn't have an ECA and you don't need to declare anything that does not give you points in the EE application.

In the post ITA application, you will retain all study/work that don't give you points in the personal history section alone. For anything you mention in the education/work exp section in the post ITA profile, you will have to provide proof!

So remember, if a work exp or degree/diploma does not award you points, don't declare it in the work history section/education section respectively.
Hello rajkamalmohanram ,
I didn't quite get what you meant by below, please help me out on this :
"In the post ITA application, you will retain all study/work that don't give you points in the personal history section alone. For anything you mention in the education/work exp section in the post ITA profile, you will have to provide proof!"

Also in the question for spouse education "Has Spouse finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?" should I say Yes or No.
If she has done her graduation and I do not mention by saying No wouldn it be a misrepresentation?

Even if I mention her education and when asked about ECA i say No then would this be wrong?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SSaru said:
Hello rajkamalmohanram ,
I didn't quite get what you meant by below, please help me out on this :
"In the post ITA application, you will retain all study/work that don't give you points in the personal history section alone. For anything you mention in the education/work exp section in the post ITA profile, you will have to provide proof!"

Also in the question for spouse education "Has Spouse finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?" should I say Yes or No.
If she has done her graduation and I do not mention by saying No wouldn it be a misrepresentation?

Even if I mention her education and when asked about ECA i say No then would this be wrong?

Thanks
After you get ITA, you have to fill another questionnaire. You will have different sections like education history section, work history section, travel history section, personal history section and address history section.

You must mention all your activities in the past 10 years in the personal history section, address history section and travel history section, irrespective of whether they give you points or not.

I'm the education and work history section, you should only mention education/work that you are claiming points for. So, if you are not claiming for any education/work experience, you will not mention it in these 2 sections but you will retain the information in the other three sections.

You could mention her education and say no to ECA. This is basically the same as saying no because you will not get any points for spouse education if you don't have an ECA for it. You could do either of these. If you are mentioning it, provide a LOE that states that you have not submitted proof of education for spouse because you are not claiming points for it.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
After you get ITA, you have to fill another questionnaire. You will have different sections like education history section, work history section, travel history section, personal history section and address history section.

You must mention all your activities in the past 10 years in the personal history section, address history section and travel history section, irrespective of whether they give you points or not.

I'm the education and work history section, you should only mention education/work that you are claiming points for. So, if you are not claiming for any education/work experience, you will not mention it in these 2 sections but you will retain the information in the other three sections.

You could mention her education and say no to ECA. This is basically the same as saying no because you will not get any points for spouse education if you don't have an ECA for it. You could do either of these. If you are mentioning it, provide a LOE that states that you have not submitted proof of education for spouse because you are not claiming points for it.
Thankyou rajkamalmohanram,

I am getting a better understanding of the system now, so the EE profile/CRS is essentially to do with claiming points or not claiming, and providing only such information that may add some points to the overall tally.
Please help me clarify another point as I am not working currently, once I get a job would then I be allowed to edit my profile after I would have submitted?
Also, there is no section that talks about kids so far, or may be I haven't advanced that far in the EE profile creation?

thanks again