+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hep b

Sitasekhar

Feb 10, 2020
Hi all,

I am from India. I am an acute level hep B patient, with no liver infections and the virus load is very low. Is it create any issue for my medical test for Canada PR? Please advice

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Let me tell you that Hepatitis B is a viral INFECTION of your LIVER. So you do have a liver infection. I do not know what you mean by Acute Level Hep B patient. And yes I think you could be easily deemed inadmissible for medical reasons.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Let me tell you that Hepatitis B is a viral INFECTION of your LIVER. So you do have a liver infection. I do not know what you mean by Acute Level Hep B patient. And yes I think you could be easily deemed inadmissible
for medical reasons.

These statements are incorrect. If you don’t have chronic infection you should be fine. If you were in an acute phase Canada usually requires you to get treatment For 6 months usually and can be refused/accepted after that. All depends on your blood results but if your viral load is very low with no liver damage you are fine.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
These statements are incorrect. If you don’t have chronic infection you should be fine. If you were in an acute phase Canada usually requires you to get treatment For 6 months usually and can be refused/accepted after that. All depends on your blood results but if your viral load is very low with no liver damage you are fine.
That's not right, nothing I said is false.
Hepatitis B, is by definition a viral infection of the liver, hence it's name. This infection can follow an Acute or Chronic course (there is no such thing as an acute level hep B).

Inadmissibility is of course a possibility, I never said it was for sure. You'd have to first perform various test including an hepatic profile as well as Viral antigens and antibodies to stablish the type of infection. (Acute va Chronic vs Past).

So yes, even if you might not be deemed inadmissible this will surely delay your application. However, if your infection is active I'm sure you won't be allowed in because of the potential risk of transmission to other people. If you had an acute infection and you're cured that's a different story.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's not right, nothing I said is false.
Hepatitis B, is by definition a viral infection of the liver, hence it's name. This infection can follow an Acute or Chronic course (there is no such thing as an acute level hep B).

Inadmissibility is of course a possibility, I never said it was for sure. You'd have to first perform various test including an hepatic profile as well as Viral antigens and antibodies to stablish the type of infection. (Acute va Chronic vs Past).

So yes, even if you might not be deemed inadmissible this will surely delay your application. However, if your infection is active I'm sure you won't be allowed in because of the potential risk of transmission to other people. If you had an acute infection and you're cured that's a different story.
With a low viral load doctors wouldn’t consider that the liver is infected at this point. Also the chances of being inadmissible are low in him/her case.

Zubair ICN

Feb 27, 2020
Hi dear.
Can you let m know about the critera for a nursing study or work visa for a nurse with cured hepatitis B. Recovered from hepatitis

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi dear.
Can you let m know about the critera for a nursing study or work visa for a nurse with cured hepatitis B. Recovered from hepatitis
Will depend on your viral load. If minimal levels you are at low risk of transmission so should be fine.