+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** HELPP- Got a Passport Request from back home in Turkey, but I am here in Canada on a Temporary Visa****

Sezgin

Dec 14, 2021
If anyone can provide me any info,

So my wife is originally from Turkey but now she is here in Canada on a temporary visit, she just got an email Requesting for Passport from the Ankara office for the last steps of her PR approval, we have about 24 days to complete this now,

Does anyone know if she has to go back to Ankara to submit her passport, or can she do it locally here??

Any input would be much appreciated,

thank you!!!!!!

zuhsha

Apr 6, 2022
If anyone can provide me any info,

So my wife is originally from Turkey but now she is here in Canada on a temporary visit, she just got an email Requesting for Passport from the Ankara office for the last steps of her PR approval, we have about 24 days to complete this now,

Does anyone know if she has to go back to Ankara to submit her passport, or can she do it locally here??

Any input would be much appreciated,

thank you!!!!!!
Congratulations! On both getting the PPR as well as a VV for your wife.

Yes it is possible to send in the PP from within Canada. There is something called virtual landing. Not sure how it is processed exactly though.

Reactions: Sezgin

Sezgin

Dec 14, 2021
Congratulations! On both getting the PPR as well as a VV for your wife.

Yes it is possible to send in the PP from within Canada. There is something called virtual landing. Not sure how it is processed exactly though.
Hey thanks so much for the feedback, Im still not sure what to do or who to call, if anyone else can chime in? Thanks again for your input!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey thanks so much for the feedback, Im still not sure what to do or who to call, if anyone else can chime in? Thanks again for your input!
Read the passport request letter carefully - it SHOULD have instructions about what to do if the applicant is in Canada. If so - do that. (Sometimes the local offices seem to leave this off)

(Quick note: does your spouse plan to stay i.e. does not currently plan to return to home country?)

If not, you'll basically have to contact IRCC to get them to allow her to do a 'virtual landing' here. You can try by phone (they may not know), by webform (slow), or - what I'd suggest - try your MP to see if they can help.

Reactions: Sezgin

Sezgin

Dec 14, 2021
Read the passport request letter carefully - it SHOULD have instructions about what to do if the applicant is in Canada. If so - do that. (Sometimes the local offices seem to leave this off)

(Quick note: does your spouse plan to stay i.e. does not currently plan to return to home country?)

If not, you'll basically have to contact IRCC to get them to allow her to do a 'virtual landing' here. You can try by phone (they may not know), by webform (slow), or - what I'd suggest - try your MP to see if they can help.
Thanks so much for your response,
It does have instructions however they're very vague, I have submitted a response instantly via webform, however there hasnt been a response for a week now, and the fact that im only given 30 days is to complete this step is whats nerve racking.

She is planning on staying here with me (not returning, although she has a return ticket still)

Do you know how the virtual landing process takes place? Whats suppose to happen next?

Thank you so much for your time/info

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks so much for your response,
It does have instructions however they're very vague, I have submitted a response instantly via webform, however there hasnt been a response for a week now, and the fact that im only given 30 days is to complete this step is whats nerve racking
Why would you leave this information out of your question? Could their be any more relevant information?

The answer is: you've done the first step, now wait.

Do you know how the virtual landing process takes place? Whats suppose to happen next?
Just look it up in other threads.