+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help

habi1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Dear all,

We are moving to Canada soon which we are both anxious and excited about. The thing that has us the most nervous is the job part. We own a construction business in our home country. What I mean is that we invest in property, hire a company to build the buildings and then sell. We are not handymen ourselves which seems to be what people assume when I say we are in construction. We would like to continue this business in Canada but really don't have any information about how we would do this. This is why I'm reaching out to you. Is there anyone on here who could help with this? any information would be highly appreciated. Is there anyone in the construction business themselves that I could speak to perhaps? Or are there any support groups we can join that would answer such questions? Feeling truly lost and overwhelmed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all,

We are moving to Canada soon which we are both anxious and excited about. The thing that has us the most nervous is the job part. We own a construction business in our home country. What I mean is that we invest in property, hire a company to build the buildings and then sell. We are not handymen ourselves which seems to be what people assume when I say we are in construction. We would like to continue this business in Canada but really don't have any information about how we would do this. This is why I'm reaching out to you. Is there anyone on here who could help with this? any information would be highly appreciated. Is there anyone in the construction business themselves that I could speak to perhaps? Or are there any support groups we can join that would answer such questions? Feeling truly lost and overwhelmed.
This is not really the ideal time to be speculating on property in Canada especially with no experience in the Canadian market. The values have gone down in some regions already but in general Canada has had many years of property increases and like Australia we are one big shock away from some major issues. There have been around 20 years of property increases and the real estate affordability is a big issue in Canada. There are a lot of other longterm property developers who are really knowledgeable about their markets and have longterm crews they trust. If you have a lucrative business in your home country you really need to assess whether moving to Canada is really a good idea. Not trying to be negative just honest.