+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP

karooma

May 24, 2009
Hi,

I have been offered a job in Canada, as a medical doctor, the recruiter submitted my application form to LMIA, she informed me to get in touch with any of the medical panel doctors in my region (UK) and ask them if about booking an appointment, however i have noticed that there is an form that needs to be completed beforehand and i do not know where to find such form?

Akram

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have been offered a job in Canada, as a medical doctor, the recruiter submitted my application form to LMIA, she informed me to get in touch with any of the medical panel doctors in my region (UK) and ask them if about booking an appointment, however i have noticed that there is an form that needs to be completed beforehand and i do not know where to find such form?

Akram
The form is sent to you only after you have applied for a work permit. And the LMIA needs to be approved before you can apply for a work permit.

If you want to do the medical in advance, no form is required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

Reactions: karooma

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This sounds unusual. You previously said you are a foreign trained doctor working in the UK. Where did you work and do your residency? Were you looking for a position in Canada? Are you a GP? Where in the country have been offered a job? The province local health authority or province should be submitting the LMIA not the recruiter. Have you spoken with the provincial medical board to have your credentials assessed to see that you will be able to work in Canada with only minor jurisprudence tests. I have heard of medical recruiters that have promised an easy transition to a job as a physician to international doctors. That is often not the case except a few exceptions. One of them is going through the UK education and training program plus UK work experience but you seem to have been trained in somewhere else than the UK. Just wan to make sure there is actually a job and an easy transition before you relocate.