+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!

Odq100

Jan 23, 2013
Hello guys,
I have worked 52weeks and more than 1560hous in total under my post graduate work permit. However, in those 52weeks, about 12 weeks I have worked less than 30 hours per week. Am I still qualify to apply under cec? Help me with a answer , thank you!!! ;)

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
I guess not, better wait until you cover those 12 weeks with 30hrs work.

from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial
occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and
skilled trades) of the NOC.

Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year;

work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
visitor404 said:

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial
occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and

work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
This doesn't make any sense. 52 weeks times 30 (hours) comes down to 1560. I thought 1560 hours in a skilled occupation was the main work requirement, no matter if it's full or part time.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winter_love said:
This doesn't make any sense. 52 weeks times 30 (hours) comes down to 1560. I thought 1560 hours in a skilled occupation was the main work requirement, no matter if it's full or part time.
It is what it is! They make the rules. :)

Lets say you work 15 hours per week, you would need to work for 2 full years before you could qualify.

CEC has now defined FT for the purpose of the application as 30 hours or more. I personally am contracted for 40 hours, however the extra 10 hours make no difference - I can't apply any sooner. Basically you need 1 years experience with a minimum of 30 hours per week in order to be deemed FT.

winter_love

Jan 2, 2013
jsm0085 said:
It is what it is! They make the rules. :)

Lets say you work 15 hours per week, you would need to work for 2 full years before you could qualify.

CEC has now defined FT for the purpose of the application as 30 hours or more. I personally am contracted for 40 hours, however the extra 10 hours make no difference - I can't apply any sooner. Basically you need 1 years experience with a minimum of 30 hours per week in order to be deemed FT.
What if you worked 27 hours per week? You'd only need about 58 weeks to qualify, no?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visitor404 said:

This is incorrect. PT hours should be looked at on a pro rata basis !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Any week that is 30 hours or more is one week of full-time employment. Any week that is less than 30 hours per week... counts as less than one week, so naturally it will take more than 52 weeks to meet the requirement if you are working part-time.

So, if you worked full-time for 40 weeks and part-time after that, your part-time experience would need to be the equivalent of 12 weeks of full-time employment (12 weeks * 30 hours per week = 360 hours).

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
jes_ON said:
Any week that is 30 hours or more is one week of full-time employment. Any week that is less than 30 hours per week... counts as less than one week, so naturally it will take more than 52 weeks to meet the requirement if you are working part-time.

So, if you worked full-time for 40 weeks and part-time after that, your part-time experience would need to be the equivalent of 12 weeks of full-time employment (12 weeks * 30 hours per week = 360 hours).
ya this is right calculation and right common sense

Odq100

Jan 23, 2013
jes_ON said:

huh, so the weeks I worked less than 30 hours does not count? :-[ It was a waste of time? :'(

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Odq100 said:
huh, so the weeks I worked less than 30 hours does not count? Embarrassed It was a waste of time? Cry
Absolutely NOT what I said. I am only saying that (to be safe), for the period you worked part-time, you would have to work more than 12 weeks and accumulate at least 360 hours to meet the experience requirement.

Is there some reason this is not possible?