+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zaraM

Star Member
Dec 22, 2012
I am soon applying for Immigration under CEC and having a hard time deciding my NOC code. I have worked as a Student Assistant and Research Assistant at a college. My duties under both the roles were the same. According to my duties my NOC code should be 1241 but none of the job titles under 1241 match mine. Just few of the duties match. My duties under both the roles were as follows:

1) Welcoming students during orientation.
2) Greet students, answering queries and direct students accordingly to the appropriate person.
3) Assisting Student Advising Team.
4) Administrative duties such as filing in for staff, attending reception area when required.
5) Assisting with research for literature reviews and preparing research proposals.

These are the duties mentioned on my employment letter and based on the above duties I think it should be 1241 but my job title does not match...please help.

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi Zara,

Its been discussed many times in this forum and mentioned in the CEC guide as well. To answer ur qs it doesnt matter what your job title is but what matters is what were the duties you performed. So pick a NOC that best matches your job duties regardless of your job title. Also, you can email HRSDC with your job duties and they can also tell the NOC for it. Hope this helps. Good luck !