+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Work Permit Application

alpz95

Oct 30, 2020
Hello!

Hope you are fine, i would appreciate anyone in helping me to figure out how to adress an Specific work permit application (LMIA excempt), the thing is i had a work permit that expired on June 6 2020, before expiring i applied to change conditions as a visitor and remained in Canada since then. That application has not met a final decision so i understand i am still under - Implied Status -, recently i got a job offer and while they have done their part with immigration while making my application the employer recommends me to apply for "restoration of status as a worker" instead of applying for a direct new work permit.

I am afraid that by choosing the restoration of status may affect the decision later (also because when being asked my status in the current country i guess i should put a date that activates the restoration of status), it is worth to mention that according to them since i had a work permit on 2020 i am elegible to request permission to work while my WP is being processed.

Stay safe!