+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Work History

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
Hi,
I am creating my express entry profile right now and have a doubt in the work history category in terms of how to fill it.

I have a work history of 3 years (1year in 1st company and 2 years in another company). For my express entry profile, I am planning to declare my 2 years of work experience in 2nd company as my 1-year experience is not the same NOC code. Also, my 1st company does not exist anymore. Hence planning to get a reference letter from the 2nd company and get points only for that 2 years of work experience.

The doubt I am having right now is that 2 years ago I had applied for study permit in Canada (just completed my course) and I remembered submitting a document regarding past work history, I had mentioned about my 3 years work experience in all the company I worked in. However, for the current express entry profile, I am planning to mention only 2 years of work experience in the work history category- will the Canadian govt cross verify on the information I had mentioned 2 years ago and the current express entry information I will be mentioning? Will it be a problem? So in my work history of express entry profile do I mention 2 years of work experience or 3 years of work experience?

Or it does not matter as I am not declaring 3 years of work experience and maybe just mention that had 1-year work experience in another company in my LOE (though getting reference letter might be difficult as I am not in contact with anyone there) when I get the ITA.

Thanks in advance!

needhelp09

May 2, 2019
you may add the 1 year experience in personal history
Thanks for the reply!

So under the work history of express entry profile - I state 2 years of work experience.

And I state my 1-year work experience in my personal history after receiving my ITA and filling for PR (I am unable to see any personal history in my express entry profile). I was wondering here when I mention it should I provide a reference letter (as it may be hard to obtain) or just provide my offer letter and relieving letter from that company as proof of employment in personal history.