+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with work permit application

antz

Jan 25, 2010
Hi there.

I am currently ending my working holiday programme, and am going to leave Canada at the end of April. I would really love to return in
November. So have been looking into applying for a work permit as apposed to trying to extend my working holiday programme.

My employer has said they would gladly take me back as an employee in November if I can return.

I would like to come and work again in Canada for two years this time. I have been reading through lots of material on the Labour Market Opinions etc on the CIC website.

Just after some advice from people who have been through this process before or those that know how the process works.

What are my options (work permit / sponsership etc) ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, ANthony

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
antz said:
Hi there.

I am currently ending my working holiday programme, and am going to leave Canada at the end of April. I would really love to return in
November. So have been looking into applying for a work permit as apposed to trying to extend my working holiday programme.

My employer has said they would gladly take me back as an employee in November if I can return.

I would like to come and work again in Canada for two years this time. I have been reading through lots of material on the Labour Market Opinions etc on the CIC website.

Just after some advice from people who have been through this process before or those that know how the process works.

What are my options (work permit / sponsership etc) ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, ANthony
Your employer/prospective employer has to advertise for the position at the Canadian National Job Bank and another website or major daily to show s/he tried to recruit a Canadian citizen (CC) or permanent resident (PR). If no CC or PR qualified or applied, then s/he can apply for a LMO in your name. Once approved you can either apply for a work permit at a Canadian Consulate (CIC/CHC) or obtain your WP at a Port of Entry (you don't need a visa to enter Canada, do you?).

antz

Jan 25, 2010
:) Thanks for the reply

Not sure on the visa to enter canada ... maybe a visitor / tourist visa.

Yep, I read up on the LMO's ... Seems like a major process for my employer to go through.

Any other ways of getting working permits or working visa's? How does employer sponsership work?

I just want to make sure I apply to the right area before lodging an application.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
antz said:
:) Thanks for the reply

Not sure on the visa to enter canada ... maybe a visitor / tourist visa.

Yep, I read up on the LMO's ... Seems like a major process for my employer to go through.

Any other ways of getting working permits or working visa's? How does employer sponsership work?

I just want to make sure I apply to the right area before lodging an application.
You mentioned about being here on a Working Holiday Programme so I am assuming you are either from the UK, Australia or NZ, countries whose citizens do not need visa to enter Canada. Anyway once you obtained a positive LMO (if you don't need a visa to enter Canada), you can go to the nearest POE and get your WP from there. Hmmm. Not sure about employer sponsorship. Do you mean AEO?

antz

Jan 25, 2010
job_seeker said:
You mentioned about being here on a Working Holiday Programme so I am assuming you are either from the UK, Australia or NZ, countries whose citizens do not need visa to enter Canada. Anyway once you obtained a positive LMO (if you don't need a visa to enter Canada), you can go to the nearest POE and get your WP from there. Hmmm. Not sure about employer sponsorship. Do you mean AEO?
Yep, New Zealand citizen.

Will chat to my employer and see what they think about the LMO. Seems like a lot of work on their behalf :( hopefully they'll be interested.
Yeh im not sure about employer sponsorship either, have just heard a few people mentioning that phrase before, will ask around and see what comes up.

Thanks for your help.

You wouldnt happen to know why the New Zealand extension programme for working holiday visa's was cancelled?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

antz said:
Yep, New Zealand citizen.

Will chat to my employer and see what they think about the LMO. Seems like a lot of work on their behalf :( hopefully they'll be interested.
Yeh im not sure about employer sponsorship either, have just heard a few people mentioning that phrase before, will ask around and see what comes up.

Thanks for your help.

You wouldnt happen to know why the New Zealand extension programme for working holiday visa's was cancelled?

Because New Zealand now limits Canadians to 12 months, tit for tat

PMM

antz

Jan 25, 2010
PMM said:
fair enough. Wasnt aware of the rule change in New Zealand.

Still puzzles me how australian's have the two year working visa and super easy extension programme though?
Canadians dont get that treatment in Australia?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

antz said:
fair enough. Wasnt aware of the rule change in New Zealand.

Still puzzles me how australian's have the two year working visa and super easy extension programme though?
Canadians dont get that treatment in Australia?
Canadians can get a second whv in Australia (some restrictions)

PMM