+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with visitor visa for parents

Twinklerose

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hello! I am applying for my parents visitor visa and from the forums, I understand that it is wise to keep the duration to 2-3 weeks. My question is if I do so, will they be able to stay for 4 months in Canada irrespective of what was put in the application?

Secondly, my father served in the paramilitary force at India, does IRCC ask for any additional documents supporting it?

I hope for retired personnels, the following docs are enough, could you please confirm? We dont have anything to show as property papers

- Pension statement & slips
- Bank statement showing funds
- Our bank statement
- Vehicle owning papers
- Doctors note saying the person is required to be seen every 2 months

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much funds are they showing? And what's the reason required to see doctor every 2 months?

Twinklerose

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
They w
How much funds are they showing? And what's the reason required to see doctor every 2 months?
They would show 5000 CAD. There is no such condition, but to show strong ties to home country, I thought of getting a doctors note.

Phani038

May 27, 2019
Hey guys, please help me with your inputs about my situation. I stay in Canada and filling the Visitor Visa documents to invite my parents. For Financials, I'm planning to show 5 Lakhs. Right now, I have 5 Lakhs in a Bank (Bank Account1-Joint account of mine and my father) with continuous transactions for almost 2 years. My Parents' joint account is with another bank(Bank Account2-Joint account of mother and father) that doesn't have any transaction history. Do you suggest to keep the funds in BankAccount1 or BankAccount2?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, please help me with your inputs about my situation. I stay in Canada and filling the Visitor Visa documents to invite my parents. For Financials, I'm planning to show 5 Lakhs. Right now, I have 5 Lakhs in a Bank (Bank Account1-Joint account of mine and my father) with continuous transactions for almost 2 years. My Parents' joint account is with another bank(Bank Account2-Joint account of mother and father) that doesn't have any transaction history. Do you suggest to keep the funds in BankAccount1 or BankAccount2?
BankAccount2 does not even show debits for daily expenses? It's better that the 8000cad is with the applicants in the home country.

Phani038

May 27, 2019
BankAccount2 shows hardly 5 debit expenses. But, BankAccount1 with my name and my father's name has good history.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For a TRV your parents need to show their savings. You can also attach your savings information but their savings are more important for the TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! I am applying for my parents visitor visa and from the forums, I understand that it is wise to keep the duration to 2-3 weeks. My question is if I do so, will they be able to stay for 4 months in Canada irrespective of what was put in the application?

Secondly, my father served in the paramilitary force at India, does IRCC ask for any additional documents supporting it?

I hope for retired personnels, the following docs are enough, could you please confirm? We dont have anything to show as property papers

- Pension statement & slips
- Bank statement showing funds
- Our bank statement
- Vehicle owning papers
- Doctors note saying the person is required to be seen every 2 months

Thank you
They can ask for 4 months if they want to stay 4 months or at least longer than 2-3 weeks. Are they retired? It would be a very bad idea to get false doctors documents because they are false and they indicate that your parent has a medical condition that requires routine care. This information will be part of their file forever so looking back it will be clear that he didn’t actually have to visit his doctor every 2 months if he remained in Canada for 4 months. If you ever apply for a supervisa, PGP, etc. the VO will want to know what medical condition required such frequent visits. In general it is a very bad idea to lie to IRCC. Yes being part of the military could require more information or could lead to longer processing times. Depends what his role was and when he served.

Twinklerose

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
They can ask for 4 months if they want to stay 4 months or at least longer than 2-3 weeks. Are they retired? It would be a very bad idea to get false doctors documents because they are false and they indicate that your parent has a medical condition that requires routine care. This information will be part of their file forever so looking back it will be clear that he didn’t actually have to visit his doctor every 2 months if he remained in Canada for 4 months. If you ever apply for a supervisa, PGP, etc. the VO will want to know what medical condition required such frequent visits. In general it is a very bad idea to lie to IRCC. Yes being part of the military could require more information or could lead to longer processing times. Depends what his role was and when he served.
Hello! Thanks for your input. My father never served in any war, so do you think I should mention this in any place.