+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with visitor records and its affect on our application!

Mar 14, 2014
Wow its been a crazy journey!
The story...

After visiting 8+ times to Canada (from scotland), my fiance (at the time) got stopped by immigration for the first time and was refused entry to Canada! Two weeks before our wedding might i add. I got brought in for questioning and the first thing i was told "Were sending your fiance on a flight back home tonight". Probably the scariest day of my life. Bless the immigration officers heart for changing her decision because our wedding was all paid for and his family and friends already bought their flight + hotel tickets for the wedding!

Instead of the booked 5 month stay, initially she shortened it to July 31st (our wedding was on july 11) but humbly changed it again till August 31st so that we may have enough time to get our application all together and sent out (we have yet to hear back). And reading through these forums i did include a "visitor visa extension".

Upon shortening our stay, a visitor record was put in his passport stating he needed to leave by August 31st. What i'm worried about now is, our inbound application was sent in and we have no idea what to do with this Visitor Record. As we know, for inbound applications to stay intact, you cannot leave the country...

Im always thinking the worst.. is there a notification that goes off on their system saying this person hasn't left the country yet... should i call in and notify them about the application in process?

Any words of wisdom will help. So grateful for your time!

Have a blessed day! xx

Side question that has been eating me up as well... When i sent in our package of proof.. i sent probably over 100k text messages... There is a lot of fighting.... We're a stubborn couple... Should i have edited that out?

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
CluelessNickey said:
Wow its been a crazy journey!
The story...

After visiting 8+ times to Canada (from scotland), my fiance (at the time) got stopped by immigration for the first time and was refused entry to Canada! Two weeks before our wedding might i add. I got brought in for questioning and the first thing i was told "Were sending your fiance on a flight back home tonight". Probably the scariest day of my life. Bless the immigration officers heart for changing her decision because our wedding was all paid for and his family and friends already bought their flight + hotel tickets for the wedding!

Instead of the booked 5 month stay, initially she shortened it to July 31st (our wedding was on july 11) but humbly changed it again till August 31st so that we may have enough time to get our application all together and sent out (we have yet to hear back). And reading through these forums i did include a "visitor visa extension".

Upon shortening our stay, a visitor record was put in his passport stating he needed to leave by August 31st. What i'm worried about now is, our inbound application was sent in and we have no idea what to do with this Visitor Record. As we know, for inbound applications to stay intact, you cannot leave the country...

Im always thinking the worst.. is there a notification that goes off on their system saying this person hasn't left the country yet... should i call in and notify them about the application in process?

Any words of wisdom will help. So grateful for your time!

Have a blessed day! xx

Side question that has been eating me up as well... When i sent in our package of proof.. i sent probably over 100k text messages... There is a lot of fighting.... We're a stubborn couple... Should i have edited that out?

I think you should be fine since you guys sent your "extension" on visitor visa. I don't know why CBSA stopped him to enter Canada.. If he was inadmissible for any reason, you probably need to look into that.

Also, there're no couples that don't fight or argue each other. At the end, you guys married happily!! Don't you worry, everything will be fine!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CluelessNickey said:
And reading through these forums i did include a "visitor visa extension".

Did you include the visitor extension with the PR app or did you send it separately?

Is your spouse Scottish? If so, you should have applied outland through London, as it's significantly faster than inland. This early in the process, you should consider withdrawing the inland app and submitting outland. There are several forum members who have done this or are in the process of doing this because of the current inland processing times (13 months for stage 1 + 8 months for stage 2). A person is allowed to apply outland even if they are in Canada. Your spouse could continue to extend his visitor status while the outland app processed.

100k of texts was overkill. CIC will most likely shred the majority of them without even looking at them.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I strongly agree with canuck_in_uk - applying outland is a much faster option for someone going through the London visa office.

The idea of withdrawing your application and filling out the forms and applying again might seem daunting, but you will spend Much less time waiting for PR. Your husband doesn't have to leave the country to apply outland, he can just stay here as long as his visitor's record is valid. And when he gets PR, he doesn't have to go back home either - he can "flagpole" at the nearest US border (cross into the US, turn around and enter Canada). (Plus, as an outland applicant he doesn't jeopardize his application even if he leaves Canada while the application is pending.)

Mar 14, 2014
pookieee said:
I think you should be fine since you guys sent your "extension" on visitor visa. I don't know why CBSA stopped him to enter Canada.. If he was inadmissible for any reason, you probably need to look into that.

Also, there're no couples that don't fight or argue each other. At the end, you guys married happily!! Don't you worry, everything will be fine!
The reason they gave him was that in the last two years, he has been in canada longer than he has been in Scotland. The immigration officer was drilling us hard asking why we hadn't gotten married in the previous times he visited... Marriage is a big thing, emotionally and financially...

As far as a criminal record of any sort, he is luckily clean! (I watch Border Security every week, a lot of inadmissible people due to their past!)

Mar 14, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Did you include the visitor extension with the PR app or did you send it separately?

Is your spouse Scottish? If so, you should have applied outland through London, as it's significantly faster than inland. This early in the process, you should consider withdrawing the inland app and submitting outland. There are several forum members who have done this or are in the process of doing this because of the current inland processing times (13 months for stage 1 + 8 months for stage 2). A person is allowed to apply outland even if they are in Canada. Your spouse could continue to extend his visitor status while the outland app processed.

100k of texts was overkill. CIC will most likely shred the majority of them without even looking at them.
yes we included the extension with the application! How and when will we hear back that it is approved? I just received an email stating our PR application was approved! No mention of the extension though!

We did consider it.. but are scared to leave the country and not aloud access back in again! We even cancelled our honeymoon! Call me selfish... but out of these 4 years together, we have not spent one christmas, thanksgiving, easter or halloween together.. I just want to spend time with him.. :-[ we are in no rush to get status.. Rather make up for lost time and money! (flights tickets back and forth are killer)

Mar 14, 2014
Kayaker said:
I strongly agree with canuck_in_uk - applying outland is a much faster option for someone going through the London visa office.

The idea of withdrawing your application and filling out the forms and applying again might seem daunting, but you will spend Much less time waiting for PR. Your husband doesn't have to leave the country to apply outland, he can just stay here as long as his visitor's record is valid. And when he gets PR, he doesn't have to go back home either - he can "flagpole" at the nearest US border (cross into the US, turn around and enter Canada). (Plus, as an outland applicant he doesn't jeopardize his application even if he leaves Canada while the application is pending.)
Very strong points! ::) will have to look into it..
Do you know why they emailed me that they received the PR application but not the extension? Will they be mailing it instead? What if they deny him a visitor extension? what happens with our application?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Isn't the visitor extension application something that is done separately from PR?

You apply for visitor extension online (faster processing than applying by paper).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CluelessNickey said:
yes we included the extension with the application! How and when will we hear back that it is approved? I just received an email stating our PR application was approved! No mention of the extension though!

We did consider it.. but are scared to leave the country and not aloud access back in again! We even cancelled our honeymoon! Call me selfish... but out of these 4 years together, we have not spent one christmas, thanksgiving, easter or halloween together.. I just want to spend time with him.. :-[ we are in no rush to get status.. Rather make up for lost time and money! (flights tickets back and forth are killer)
CIC states that Implied Status is granted to those who include an Open Work Permit app or Study Permit app with the inland PR app. Visitor status is to be maintained separately. As you've sent the visitor extension with the PR app, I suspect that your partner is now out of status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp. If he is out of status, he will need to apply for Restoration or leave Canada.

I doubt you received an approval email, as first stage is currently 13 months and second stage 8 months. You have a long way to go before getting approval.

Outland doesn't require him to leave the country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You would need to send a visitor extension with a request for restoration.

Have you given any thought to withdrawing inland and submitting outland?