+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with visitor record extension

Trilithbaby

Nov 9, 2019
I came to Canada last week and told the border agent I was staying until March because that’s when my fiancé and I are getting married. She said she was concerned that I didn’t have health insurance and she wasn’t sure my fiancé could financially support me so she cut my visit down to two months. She said I can apply for an extension and we plan on getting me health insurance but I’m confused about the application. I have a Visitor Record, so what extension do I apply for? And what do I do if it doesn’t get approved before my two months is up?
Thanks for any help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I came to Canada last week and told the border agent I was staying until March because that’s when my fiancé and I are getting married. She said she was concerned that I didn’t have health insurance and she wasn’t sure my fiancé could financially support me so she cut my visit down to two months. She said I can apply for an extension and we plan on getting me health insurance but I’m confused about the application. I have a Visitor Record, so what extension do I apply for? And what do I do if it doesn’t get approved before my two months is up?
Thanks for any help.
A few weeks before your status expires, you need to apply for a visitor extension. Show proof of funds and explain you are getting married. If applying for sponsorship, pay the full fees and include the receipt.

Reactions: Trilithbaby

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
A few weeks before your status expires, you need to apply for a visitor extension. Show proof of funds and explain you are getting married. If applying for sponsorship, pay the full fees and include the receipt.
Is there anything risky in applying early for extension, before the 30 days? If we're applying before sponsorship submission, do we still mention that's why we want the extension?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is there anything risky in applying early for extension, before the 30 days? If we're applying before sponsorship submission, do we still mention that's why we want the extension?
It's generally not advised to apply early but it would probably be ok.

Yes, you still want to state that and include the PR fee receipt.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
It's generally not advised to apply early but it would probably be ok.

Yes, you still want to state that and include the PR fee receipt.
I haven't paid the fee yet as it's taking longer than we thought to get the documents together. Can it be paid at any time? That is, can I pay it now and then submit in a few weeks?

GTec

Mar 2, 2019
Thanks for any help.
When you applied, did you have to show return ticket?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I haven't paid the fee yet as it's taking longer than we thought to get the documents together. Can it be paid at any time? That is, can I pay it now and then submit in a few weeks?
The fees can be paid at any point.

Reactions: wsidd