+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with SOP/Study Plan

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hello,

Does anyone know any paid consultants who can assist with creating a convincing study plan for SOP? I don't want to go for the entire process but just for someone to provide ideas in drafting a convincing plan for reason of study which has in the past worked for applicants.

Any help appreciated.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Or you can simply share your SOP here and members will give you their inputs for free. A convincing study plan comes from you, not a consultant. A consultant only has 1 job, proofread your SOP. That's it.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
A convincing study plan comes from you, not a consultant. A consultant only has 1 job, proofread your SOP. That's it.
Everyone in some way or other are not honest about 'return back after studies' as they do it to increase their chances for obtaining PR. I don't need help writing and my last attempt to be closely honest turned out as a rejection, I just need a convincing story line about returning home and why I wish to study which has worked for people (since I unfortunately cant honestly state that I am doing it to increase my PR chances).

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Everyone in some way or other are not honest about 'return back after studies' as they do it to increase their chances for obtaining PR. I don't need help writing and my last attempt to be closely honest turned out as a rejection, I just need a convincing story line about returning home and why I wish to study which has worked for people (since I unfortunately cant honestly state that I am doing it to increase my PR chances).
You don't need a convincing story. You only need to highlight how taking this course/program will better your life and progress your career once you are back home. If you can't articulate that, then perhaps the program you are intending to pursue is not the right one for, as it's not beneficial.

I never once mentioned going back home in my SOP. I simply wrote about my past achievements, my current position, my medium and long term career plans/goals and how this program will get me there. The VO is able to read between the lines so no amount of declarations of "I will go back home" would sway them if they are no convinced about your study plan as a whole.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
You don't need a convincing story. You only need to highlight how taking this course/program will better your life and progress your career once you are back home. If you can't articulate that, then perhaps the program you are intending to pursue is not the right one for, as it's not beneficial.

I never once mentioned going back home in my SOP. I simply wrote about my past achievements, my current position, my medium and long term career plans/goals and how this program will get me there. The VO is able to read between the lines so no amount of declarations of "I will go back home" would sway them if they are no convinced about your study plan as a whole.
I can tell you, my chosen program is directly linked to my career path. I have even provided evidence in form of screenshots on all the positions I can target which are specifically looking at candidates with an MBA. My career has been progressive and I explained that this is the longest I have been in my current position and this particular program will help me achieve the next position (clearly demonstrated with links/screenshots). Have shown sufficient funds in my own account which covers more than 2 years of fees and expenses. I have even studied and lived abroad in the past and never have I overstayed my visa so I have no idea how they conclude I will want to break my impeccable record just to illegally overstay? Like what is the logic behind that?

Sorry to say but I have seen far worse profile than mine getting approved so I have reasons to believe that this process is very subjective and is not fair to all. I hate to make things up and always wish the process allows candidates to be little more transparent and open about their situation about plans to migrate.

Sorry, it seems more like a rant but its frustrating when your life depends on this.

Reactions: Minsc's Boo

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I can tell you, my chosen program is directly linked to my career path. I have even provided evidence in form of screenshots on all the positions I can target which are specifically looking at candidates with an MBA. My career has been progressive and I explained that this is the longest I have been in my current position and this particular program will help me achieve the next position (clearly demonstrated with links/screenshots). Have shown sufficient funds in my own account which covers more than 2 years of fees and expenses. I have even studied and lived abroad in the past and never have I overstayed my visa so I have no idea how they conclude I will want to break my impeccable record just to illegally overstay? Like what is the logic behind that?

Sorry to say but I have seen far worse profile than mine getting approved so I have reasons to believe that this process is very subjective and is not fair to all. I hate to make things up and always wish the process allows candidates to be little more transparent and open about their situation about plans to migrate.

Sorry, it seems more like a rant but its frustrating when your life depends on this.
If I remember correctly, you are applying from UAE right? The future plans and prospects that you outlined, was it for UAE or your home country?
How do you think a consultant would help to make your SOP convincing, seeing as you already gave a solid plan? Perhaps the issue is not your SOP. Have you ordered notes for your latest refusal?