+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with pr requirements

Dimdim03

Feb 2, 2018
Hi! I arrived June 17 2016 and my work permit expires on June 16 2018 as a live-in caregiver. My question is my employer took a vacation outside Canada for 3 weeks with me. Will that be an issue for applying for permanent residence? If not, do I apply for pr right away before my work permit Expires or do I have to apply for a new lmia? The thing is I won't be working as a caregiveranymore after my contract and would like a different job. Do I still need to have a new lmia? My current employer is not willing to apply and pay for a new lmia just for my pr application as they are not exempted on the new policy of lmia fees.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to wait to apply for PR and the 3 week’s out of the country will not affect PR. You can get into the EE pool now in order to get the ITA. In the meantime, you should be gathering all your supporting documents, so that when you get the ITA you can apply immediately. Since your work permit expires in June, it is unlikely that you will become a PR before then, but you do not necessarily need to be in Canada to complete the application.

Dimdim03

Feb 2, 2018
You do not need to wait to apply for PR and the 3 week’s out of the country will not affect PR. You can get into the EE pool now in order to get the ITA. In the meantime, you should be gathering all your supporting documents, so that when you get the ITA you can apply immediately. Since your work permit expires in June, it is unlikely that you will become a PR before then, but you do not necessarily need to be in Canada to complete the application.
Do I need to apply for an extended work permit? Do I need to use a new lmia or can I use the old one? WhatsW an EE pool? Sorry for lots of questions.