+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with pgwp application

mathias

May 1, 2016
Hi everyone, I did my first one-year graduate certificate program from centennial college in fall 2014 and took up my second program from seneca in fall 2015,but as I couldn't cope up with that program,I withdrew from that program and joined another one in winter 2016.
Due to some circumstances that could not be controlled I failed a course in my first semester of my second program and I retook that only course in summer 2016 as a part time student and now I am back being a full time student in fall 2016.
So my question is will I still be able to get a 3 year pgwp and what explanation should I give cic regarding my application?
Thank in advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but as your education was not continuous and also had a part time element my answer would be no you would not qualify for 3 year PGWP. In fact to qualfy for any PGWP my view would be you need now to stick with your current full time course as all the past with the breaks and part time cannot be counted but as said others can comment.

As an aside the dates you quote flipping between programs are not that clear and sort of imply that at some point your study permit status could have been questioned if any periods when you were not in any education.

mathias

May 1, 2016
Hi Bs65, both the programs that I'm doing are a one year so would it matter if i finished them in a 2 semesters to 3 semesters?