+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with noc code

kauser

Apr 15, 2015
I worked for a reputed market research company and my job position was that of a senior research analyst when I resigned. Post-resignation I worked freelance/external contractor (work from home) for the same company.

1. Which is the good match to my roles & responsibilities, is it the NOC code of 4162 or 4163?
2. Can I use same NOC code for both the job positions?

My job description on my full-time employment letter states the following:
· Areas of exposure include market/Industry analysis and data modeling, research industry orientations and briefings
· Areas of expertise included company’s strategic business reports, competitive assessment reports, and market trend reports
· Tasking included exposure to techniques, processing, idea consolidation, and reporting. Assignments included industry reporting, market trend reporting, digital research and database reviews

My job description on my part-time employment letter states the following: As an external contractor, has been exposed to business writing skills with respect to market trends and developments and completed 20 assignments.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Great, then just simply match the roles and responsibilities in NOC with yours.. whichever is a closer match choose that. Few NOCs are closely matched, so there is no need to worry. Choose one that suits you perfectly..

kauser

Apr 15, 2015
I think noc# 4162 matches..but its not written in straight forward way in the reference letter..only a person with gud understanding of the field wud b able to interpret..employer is not cooperating for a modification..

do you think CIC will take the pains to accurately interpret n match reference with noc..