+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Navigating OCI and Visitor Visa to India Process

Apr 1, 2022
Hello,

I hold a Canadian passport and am in a situation where I’d like to visit my family in India in about 3 weeks. I’m currently going through the OCI application process but have some concerns that I may not get my application through in time. If anyone could shed some light on the following questions, I would very much appreciate it!

1. Can I apply for an Indian tourist visa while my OCI application is being processed?

2. Does BLS Toronto allow tourist visa applications to be made on a walk-in basis without a prior appointment? Or are postal and appointments the only options?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I hold a Canadian passport and am in a situation where I’d like to visit my family in India in about 3 weeks. I’m currently going through the OCI application process but have some concerns that I may not get my application through in time. If anyone could shed some light on the following questions, I would very much appreciate it!

1. Can I apply for an Indian tourist visa while my OCI application is being processed?

2. Does BLS Toronto allow tourist visa applications to be made on a walk-in basis without a prior appointment? Or are postal and appointments the only options?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!
1. Yes

2. You can apply online for e- visa

Apr 1, 2022
1. Yes

2. You can apply online for e- visa
Thanks. Regarding Point 2, the Consulate General of India’s website states that e visas are not currently being granted to Canadian citizens. I believe this only leaves me with the option of a tourist visa, but I’m not sure if I apply for this at BLS toronto on a walk-in basis. The next available appointment is over a month from now, which would present an issue for me.