+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with my wife's visitor visa

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
the list has been updated long time ago, and tourism is included.
Yes but it leads to the same process ; one has to fill up individual applications. This new portal is used mostly by immediate family member applicants or those who are inviting friends and extended family for visit. Standalone, no ties in Canada and for purpose of tourism, GCKey is preferred.

Also @parteek CAN+ is not guaranteed if you have US visa or Can Visa with visits in past. It is at sole discretion of IRCC.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Yes but it leads to the same process ; one has to fill up individual applications. This new portal is used mostly by immediate family member applicants or those who are inviting friends and extended family for visit. Standalone, no ties in Canada and for purpose of tourism, GCKey is preferred.

Also @parteek CAN+ is not guaranteed if you have US visa or Can Visa with visits in past. It is at sole discretion of IRCC.
I know it is not guaranteed but it will make my application stronger as last time I got the visa in April 2022 in just 5 days may be because of CAN+.

And old portal says you need to select YES if you have travelled to Canada only if all travellers have travelled to US or Canada. So I can't select YES as I am the only one travelled. But new portal has separate options for both the applicants.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Do you have any concrete source to back this up? or mainly based on experience?
no offence, just want to know the reason of your statement
thank you

Reactions: parteek

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Do you have any concrete source to back this up? or mainly based on experience?
no offence, just want to know the reason of your statement
thank you
Most of the immigrant consultants will advise you this way. Also if you check in this forum, most who have applied via new portal will be for their immediate family - parents, wife, kids. Good to know if IRCC new portal makes it easy to apply for tourism, but I doubt that as eventually the documentation is same - online here and offline in GCKey. Application will still be processed based on individual application and supporting documents.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
First he said, I cannot apply thru new portal, then he said it's the same thing, but I have seen that CAN+ actually makes difference. This is why they have that option and it expedite the process. I am ok as atleast he tried to help may be not up to date with the information.
Why are you applying again if you have a valid visa?
you can make a group submission, maybe your can+ would speed up your wife's application as well.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Why are you applying again if you have a valid visa?
you can make a group submission, maybe your can+ would speed up your wife's application as well.
My visa is valid till April 2023 and me and my wife will be travelling in June 2023 (during summer vacation). How does group submission work? There is an option of family as well.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Most of the immigrant consultants will advise you this way. Also if you check in this forum, most who have applied via new portal will be for their immediate family - parents, wife, kids. Good to know if IRCC new portal makes it easy to apply for tourism, but I doubt that as eventually the documentation is same - online here and offline in GCKey. Application will still be processed based on individual application and supporting documents.
supporting documents request is way simpler in the portal than for GCKEY. one example would be that if you have valid us visa, the only documents you are required to submit is your passport. no proof of funds, employment, no nothing.

the processing speed are roughly the same for the two though.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
supporting documents request is way simpler in the portal than for GCKEY. one example would be that if you have valid us visa, the only documents you are required to submit is your passport. no proof of funds, employment, no nothing.

the processing speed are roughly the same for the two though.
Sounds good. But how would that work for my wife as she does not have US or Canada visa ?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
My visa is valid till April 2023 and me and my wife will be travelling in June 2023 (during summer vacation). How does group submission work? There is an option of family as well.
this is more like a group. the first question should be are you making applications for more than one person? if you select yes, the two separate applications will be grouped together for submission and maybe same time consideration.

Good Luck.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Can I upload Job and Salary slips in new potal?
yes, but if it was not required, you would have to group all the supporting documents into one pdf and upload it to the optional documents section.

or, you can raise a webform to add more supporting documents after submission ( not recommended)

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
yes, but if it was not required, you would have to group all the supporting documents into one pdf and upload it to the optional documents section.

or, you can raise a webform to add more supporting documents ( not recommended)
Sounds good. You have been really helpful. Thanks

mosinsayyed

Oct 1, 2023
Hi Experts,

I will be applying for mine and my wife's visitor visa in 3-4 days but I have one confusion if someone can help please.

• I already have Canada visitor visa valid till April 2023 (same as my passport expiry month) and I travelled to Canada in October 2022.
  • Now I want to apply for my wife's visitor visa as well (no travel history) as we are planning to travel in June 2023. As my visa is expiring in April 2023, I am reapplying and will be primary applicant and my wife will be secondary applicant.
  • Now when I am filling up the questionnaire, there is a question "In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time " - Should I say Yes or No ?
  • There is another question in the questionnaire "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time" - Should I say yes or No as I already have US visitor visa valid till 2025.
I would really appreciate if someone can answer me as soon as possible.

mosinsayyed

Oct 1, 2023
HI SIR
I HAVE SAME PROBLE LIKE YOU , I HAVE TOURIST VISA APPROVED IN THIS MONTH ONLY, I AM IN INDIA RITE NOW ,AND NOW I WANT TO APPLAY FOR MY WIFE AND SON FOR TOURIST VISA . SIR PLEASE CAN YOU PLEASE WITH THIS PROBLEM . BECAUSE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME PROPERLY YOU TOO HAD SAME PROBLEM . SIR PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND HELP IN APPLYING FOR WIFE AND SON THANK YOU WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY