chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Hi Experts,

I will be applying for mine and my wife's visitor visa in 3-4 days but I have one confusion if someone can help please.

• I already have Canada visitor visa valid till April 2023 (same as my passport expiry month) and I travelled to Canada in October 2022.
  • Now I want to apply for my wife's visitor visa as well (no travel history) as we are planning to travel in June 2023. As my visa is expiring in April 2023, I am reapplying and will be primary applicant and my wife will be secondary applicant.
  • Now when I am filling up the questionnaire, there is a question "In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time " - Should I say Yes or No ?
  • There is another question in the questionnaire "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time" - Should I say yes or No as I already have US visitor visa valid till 2025.
I would really appreciate if someone can answer me as soon as possible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Experts,

I will be applying for mine and my wife's visitor visa in 3-4 days but I have one confusion if someone can help please.

• I already have Canada visitor visa valid till April 2023 (same as my passport expiry month) and I travelled to Canada in October 2022.
  • Now I want to apply for my wife's visitor visa as well (no travel history) as we are planning to travel in June 2023. As my visa is expiring in April 2023, I am reapplying and will be primary applicant and my wife will be secondary applicant.
  • Now when I am filling up the questionnaire, there is a question "In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time " - Should I say Yes or No ?
  • There is another question in the questionnaire "Do you have a valid United States (U.S.) visa, or have legally travelled to the U.S. in the past 10 years? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time" - Should I say yes or No as I already have US visitor visa valid till 2025.
I would really appreciate if someone can answer me as soon as possible.
Have you travelled to Canada…yes or no. (You have a visa but have you visited Canada)
Do you have a valid US visa…Yes you do.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, yes I have travelled to Canada in Oct 22.

About the quesions, If I click on the question detais, it says that only say Yes if all of the travellers have Canada Visa and in the other question, if all the travellers have US visa. So I don't understand.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, yes I have travelled to Canada in Oct 22.

About the quesions, If I click on the question detais, it says that only say Yes if all of the travellers have Canada Visa and in the other question, if all the travellers have US visa. So I don't understand.
But each of you have to complete your own application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
When you apply online, you have an option to accompany a family member within the same CIC account and you have to upload your spouse documents as well. But you didn't my question, during filling up the questionnaire, it ask you the question I stated above.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
For both questions you should say YES as you have travelled to Canada as well as have a valid US visa. I guess you are using GCKey login for applying. As mentioned by @Naturgrl you have to fill individual application for yourself and your wife. In your wife application you have to mention NO for both.

Reactions: Naturgrl

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
For both questions you should say YES as you have travelled to Canada as well as have a valid US visa. I guess you are using GCKey login for applying. As mentioned by @Naturgrl you have to fill individual application for yourself and your wife. In your wife application you have to mention NO for both.
Still I don't understand. Here is what the questionnaire say.

To legally travel to Canada, you may have been issued a visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa. A visa is an official counterfoil document placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). Not all travellers need a visitor visa to enter Canada.

All travellers on this trip must have legally travelled to Canada within the last 10 years in order to select "yes".

Can someone please tell me what should I do. I think I cannot select Yes as my wife have not travelled to Canada. And If I say NO, it won't be considered as CAN+ application. I really need expert advise please.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
I am sory if I my question is not clear.
Here is what the questionnaire say.

To legally travel to Canada, you may have been issued a visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa. A visa is an official counterfoil document placed in a person's passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (a visitor, student or worker). Not all travellers need a visitor visa to enter Canada.

All travellers on this trip must have legally travelled to Canada within the last 10 years in order to select "yes".

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
I am sory if I my question is not clear.
Here is what the questionnaire say.

You have to fill up separate applications for yourself and your wife. If you add multiple travellers in the same questionnaire you will get this issue.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
You have to fill up separate applications for yourself and your wife. If you add multiple travellers in the same questionnaire you will get this issue.
Thanks. someone advised me to apply thru New Portal to get this issue resolved.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
New portal is for specific categories of visa applicants. If you and your wife are travelling as tourist use the GCKey portal.
But I have seen people applying from new portal and it does have an option of tourist visa. Confused now

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
But I have seen people applying from new portal and it does have an option of tourist visa. Confused now
Do you qualify for any of these ?

Why are you applying for a visitor visa? (required)
To unite with a family member
To visit on business
To attend a funeral or provide support to a critically ill person
To join a vessel (marine crew member)
To assume a diplomatic post
To come with an immediate family member who’s assuming a diplomatic post
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine Airlines PS752
To get the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET)
None of the above

If you select None of the above it will lead you to GCKey. New portal is mostly used for applying for immediate family visitor visa

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request

To visit on business
None of the above

If you select None of the above it will lead you to GCKey. New portal is mostly used for applying for immediate family visitor visa
This is what the new portal shows.

Please advise, if they might have changed.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

To visit on business
None of the above

the list has been updated long time ago, and tourism is included.

Reactions: parteek