+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with IMM1294 (study permit form)

FastForward

May 11, 2017
Hi dear all,

I might officially be too stupid for these forms. I looked at the guide and can't find the answer.

So, when asked where I currently live, I filled in my home country (as this will be my residence by the time I am finally able to submit - I am moving home in a week and still waiting for a CAQ, just filling out the rest to save time later). BUT what do I say for dates from and to? I mean... I have been a citizen in my home country from my birth and continue to live there until I am allowed to leave... So I am clueless. Can I leave those blank?

Thanks!

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
Don't worry about the duration if you have stayed in ur home country all your life. It will still validate if you don't put the duration

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Just leave it blank ,as i have filled online the duration column goes off if your country of residence and home country are the same.
Cheers.

FastForward

May 11, 2017
Thans guys! It does not turn off in my document, but maybe Adobe is just being wacky...

Another question - I hope it is okay to ask it here - how long do you wait until you book flight tickets? I did the math and if everything goes according to plan (CAQ response in one month, then 6 weeks processing time for the permit) I should have my study permit July 28ish. I would like to leave asap. Is it safe to book tickets in advance while prices are still affordable? Else I might end up booking like days prior to departure...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thans guys! It does not turn off in my document, but maybe Adobe is just being wacky...

Another question - I hope it is okay to ask it here - how long do you wait until you book flight tickets? I did the math and if everything goes according to plan (CAQ response in one month, then 6 weeks processing time for the permit) I should have my study permit July 28ish. I would like to leave asap. Is it safe to book tickets in advance while prices are still affordable? Else I might end up booking like days prior to departure...
Unfortunately there is no easy answer to when to book and most would advise do not do so unless is a refundable ticket or at least a small cancellation/ change charge. There is no sure way to estimate how long approval will take as some expect weeks and end up waiting months, some even get rejected.

FastForward

May 11, 2017
I see... Is there a way to let them know that it is some sort of emergency? Like, my classes start August 28. Some people told me they can speed up the process in cases like this, but I couldn't find anything about this on the government webpage.