+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with IMM0008 Schedule 1 Form

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello all-

I have couple of questions regarding IMM0008 Schedule 1 Form: (Mine is a family class application being sponsored by my wife)

1) For question 11-- When I mention as Unemployed in activity box what should I write in Name of company and so and so box? (leave it blank)?
2) For question 10 -- I did my bachelors through distance education mode and I had my university in different state but same country than my state of residence. --- I never visited that place for my bachelors so should I write my state of residence of where the university is situated?

3) For question 15 --- in province, state box -- I cannot accomodate name of my state which is Andhra Pradesh so can I just write AP( short form is usually recognized for AP state) what should write here?

For the same question -- Do they really come check in all the places I lived ( something like back ground check from their side) even though I'm providing the PCC from all the places I lived. ( Though in one PCC they just mentioned only one address where I'm presently living and did not mentioned the other address or whatsoever they don't have that system to writing the old addresses or old dates. They just give it for where you living now but check for my criminal records)

Please advice! Thanks in advance!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Are you sure theis is IMM 0008?
whiteeagle said:
1) For question 11-- When I mention as Unemployed in activity box what should I write in Name of company and so and so box? (leave it blank)?
Write N/A or just leave blank.
2) For question 10 -- I did my bachelors through distance education mode and I had my university in different state but same country than my state of residence. --- I never visited that place for my bachelors so should I write my state of residence of where the university is situated?
If they ask for the address of the university, give the address where the university actually is. You can attach an explanation and tell them it was through distance education. Otherwise they might notice you did not live in the state where your university is.
3) For question 15 --- in province, state box -- I cannot accomodate name of my state which is Andhra Pradesh so can I just write AP( short form is usually recognized for AP state) what should write here?
If it is an accepted abbreviation you can use it. You can attach a separate sheet of paper with an explanation for any question where there is not enough room to answer.
For the same question -- Do they really come check in all the places I lived ( something like back ground check from their side) even though I'm providing the PCC from all the places I lived. ( Though in one PCC they just mentioned only one address where I'm presently living and did not mentioned the other address or whatsoever they don't have that system to writing the old addresses or old dates. They just give it for where you living now but check for my criminal records)
They probably won't check every place you lived, but if they are suspicious about something they will.

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Thank you so much Canadianwomen!

Yes there is IMM 0008 Schedule form (also called as Background Declaration form).

For questions 10: Here is how the format is:

From - To (years) | Name of institution | City and Country | Type of certificate or Diploma issued

So now my concern was -- i know city and country means where I was present physically but in my case, it was a distance education and it was in another state but same country.

How should I deal with it?

Cheers!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place.

I would put the city and country where the university actually is. Did you study by yourself at home or was there a sort of satellite campus set up for distance education students of that university in your home town?
Attach an explanation that it was distance education and that you were studying at the University of ___ which is in ____, while you were living in _____.

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
canadianwoman said:
Sorry, I was looking in the wrong place.

I would put the city and country where the university actually is. Did you study by yourself at home or was there a sort of satellite campus set up for distance education students of that university in your home town?
Attach an explanation that it was distance education and that you were studying at the University of ___ which is in ____, while you were living in _____.
Yes, I studied by myself at home. At they had a authorized study center in my home town from where you could go and collect your books that comes from university and it was more like an administration office for distance eduction students.

Sure, I'll attach an explanation. Thanks so much!

sevenseconds

Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

When are you planning to apply, coz ur situation is thquite similiar to mine. I am from hyd., probabaly looking to send my application in mid september. My wife is sponsoring me.

by the way I did my master thru correspondence "Annamalai University"

Take |Care