+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help with iec visa refusal?

dingdangdoo

Jan 7, 2013
My girlfriend received a refusal letter last night for her IEC visa. The letter states they did not receive the conditional acceptance letter in time even though it was submitted yonks ago(must be 2 mths ago). When i log into the website everything is in green and says submitted. She even received a letter about a mth ago saying "just waiting on stage 2". I dont get how they can refuse her!
Anyway if anyone has a contact for them that would be great be it email or phone number(preferably). I tried one number but its all automated and was geting no where. Can anyone help me out or know anything about this.

The exact message was:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Your application as requested is refused.
You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
To date, you have failed to comply with our request for: The following documents: IEC Conditional Acceptance Ltr

Sincerely,

Officer DVM/QRC
Case Processing Centre Vegreville

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
As stated in the signature of the letter, the application was processed in Vegreville.
Here's the contact information for CIC Vegreville:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
dingdangdoo said:
I tried one number but its all automated and was geting no where.
I have found that if you get into the loop whereby the CIC telephone service continues giving you dainty recordings to choose between you can press 0 a few times and it will move you into a queue to speak to a human being.

nicole1006

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Noc 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
What is iec visa?

eimear

Feb 21, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
10-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi dingdangdoo, im guessing you are Irish from your post saying that the IEC is a 2 year visa? If so you could contact Cathy Murphy in regards to this, she is the director for the Irish Immigration Center she's based in Toronto but regularly travels to other Canadian Cities. Her contact info is:
416 603 9549
1-877-603-9549
cmurphy@irishcdn.org
I'm sure she'll be able to help you or point you in the right direction at least.
I've seen in a few facebook groups of others that have been rejected for the same reason.
Good luck

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
eimear said:
Hi dingdangdoo, im guessing you are Irish from your post saying that the IEC is a 2 year visa? If so you could contact Cathy Murphy in regards to this, she is the director for the Irish Immigration Center she's based in Toronto but regularly travels to other Canadian Cities. Her contact info is:
416 603 9549
1-877-603-9549
cmurphy @ irishcdn.org
I'm sure she'll be able to help you or point you in the right direction at least.
I've seen in a few facebook groups of others that have been rejected for the same reason.
Good luck
Australian citizens also get a 2yr WP :)

eimear

Feb 21, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
10-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
iam_toby said:
Australian citizens also get a 2yr WP :)
I am just trying to help.

You could try to contact the Australian High Commission Canada based in Ottawa :
+1 (613) 216 7603
+1 (613) 236 0841
Office hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm (Eastern time); Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (Eastern time)
ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

Hopefully some of the information I provided is useful, I have also had issues with the IEC visas in the past. Good luck

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
Can you reapply?? My boyfriend got the same refusal letter, only that he answered some of the question from the beginning different and took him to a different visa but asking almost for the same documents. He reapplied and got it.