+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with extending husband's stay..

SBatten

May 15, 2010
Hello,

My husband is currently visiting me while we wait for our immigration/sponsorship application to go through and I've read on the cic . gc.ca
site that he needed to apply 30 days before his time runs out. He applied on March 5th and has to leave on April 10th.
But after completeing the application we then found out it may take up to 52 days for the processing.
If we do not receive the extension before April 10th, should he go back to england or should he stay and wait?

I would really love to avoid having him leave, please help if you can. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SBatten said:
Hello,

My husband is currently visiting me while we wait for our immigration/sponsorship application to go through and I've read on the cic . gc.ca
site that he needed to apply 30 days before his time runs out. He applied on March 5th and has to leave on April 10th.
But after completeing the application we then found out it may take up to 52 days for the processing.
If we do not receive the extension before April 10th, should he go back to england or should he stay and wait?

I would really love to avoid having him leave, please help if you can. Thank you.
No, he doesn't have to leave. He has "implied status" until he receives either approval or rejection from Vegreville.

SBatten

May 15, 2010
Thank you, that makes me feel much better :D

I have another question also, if his application is rejected I'm guessing we'd have to buy him a ticket back within a certain time
after the notification is received?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SBatten said:
Thank you, that makes me feel much better :D

I have another question also, if his application is rejected I'm guessing we'd have to buy him a ticket back within a certain time
after the notification is received?
Usually 30 days before CBSA takes action on a refusal./