+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with applying to Concordia University-Montreal?

May 25, 2017
I did my Masters at Concordia University in Software Engineering (batch 2013-2015) . Before coming to Canada I used to visit various educational consultants for advice and I have even heard my friends say that they have been ripped off by them. Let me know if you need any help with applying to Concordia(graduate) program and i can help you through the entire process.

May 25, 2017
I think it is pretty good and a bit hard to get in and tbh not the best teachers there are, you do tend to just do a lot of self learning . But the career opportunities are plenty once you complete it. I am not sure if this has a co-op program , but it is worth exploring!

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Thanks a lot for your iniative @concordiaalumini15. I have been accepted to graduate program in industrial engineering for fall 2017. I have some queries related to my field;
1. How good is m eng industrial program ?
2. Job prospects post study ?
3. When is the apt time to reach there ? Considering the fact that it's for fall intake and my offer letter states to reach by sept 5.

Reactions: Hussain Junejo

robyde17

May 7, 2017
Hi guys,

Can i get into concordia. i want to do MEng(software or information security)

10th-86%

12th-75%

Btech(ece)-60.9%(first division)(3 backlogs that too in first 2 years)

IELTS- 7.5(L-8.5, R-8, S-6.5,W-6.5)

Work experience-2 years(HCL Technologies as a senior analyst)

French-A1 level

Thanks!

May 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for your iniative @concordiaalumini15. I have been accepted to graduate program in industrial engineering for fall 2017. I have some queries related to my field;
1. How good is m eng industrial program ?
2. Job prospects post study ?
3. When is the apt time to reach there ? Considering the fact that it's for fall intake and my offer letter states to reach by sept 5.
1.It is very hard to answer this question. Master's program is generally good in Concordia. Everyone is so concerned validating the program and fail to understand that they have to improve their skills to get a job eventually. Also, i heard that it is easy to get through the course
2. As you might have known, Montreal is a major french speaking city, so if you gain the knowledge of french you have job prospects within the city/province. Else, there is a very good chance you land a job elsewhere in Canada like Toronto, Alberta etc. Opportunities in general are plenty so don’t worry about job prospects.
3. I landed one week after the program had already started and i could not register for the course which i liked because it was full(a lot of people had registered before me and i was in waitlist) . I am sure you would be receiving the offer letter way before than Sept 5 because the university understands that you need to apply for CAQ and study permit with that letter.

Reactions: bijo
May 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Can i get into concordia. i want to do MEng(software or information security)

10th-86%

12th-75%

Btech(ece)-60.9%(first division)(3 backlogs that too in first 2 years)

IELTS- 7.5(L-8.5, R-8, S-6.5,W-6.5)

Work experience-2 years(HCL Technologies as a senior analyst)

French-A1 level

Thanks!
I think you have a fair chance of getting an admit. Two key things that standout on your profile are your IELTS score and french. While publishing your profile, you should be taking advantage of those(IELTS,French,Skills you have,work exp) to make up for your UG score.

robyde17

May 7, 2017
I think you have a fair chance of getting an admit. Two key things that standout on your profile are your IELTS score and french. While publishing your profile, you should be taking advantage of those(IELTS,French,Skills you have,work exp) to make up for your UG score.

Do i need to contact any supervisor before applying for Meng(information security) program?

Satya009

Apr 24, 2017
I did my Masters at Concordia University in Software Engineering (batch 2013-2015) . Before coming to Canada I used to visit various educational consultants for advice and I have even heard my friends say that they have been ripped off by them. Let me know if you need any help with applying to Concordia(graduate) program and i can help you through the entire process.

Hi,

I have admitted in to MEng for summer 2017 but I have deferred my admission to Fall 2017. It's been 3weeks since I have submitted my deferral form n payment receipt to my program advisor but still did not hear anything back. Do you have any idea what is the processsing time for deferral???

Thanks

May 25, 2017
Hi,

I have admitted in to MEng for summer 2017 but I have deferred my admission to Fall 2017. It's been 3weeks since I have submitted my deferral form n payment receipt to my program advisor but still did not hear anything back. Do you have any idea what is the processsing time for deferral???

Thanks
I am not sure about the deferral process, Sorry!

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hello, I am hopping to join in MS in Mathematics program in this fall. Got Full Funding. Waiting for study permit. How is the Math graduate program of Concordia University ? If everything is good, When should I go to Canada ?

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi, I need some guidance from you! I did mechanical engineering in India with 65% and 9 backlogs. I applied for supply chain management course in Northern College in Toronto. I applied for this course just to get the visa as I can't change my field while applying for the visa. Visa will get rejected due to irrelevant course selection to my previous studies. I want to pursue my career in Computer Science. Is there any way to get admission into Master of Computer Science in Concordia University after I reach Canada? What documents do I need to submit if in case there is any way to get admission into Masters of Computer Science?

May 25, 2017
can i apply to more than one course( information security and software engineering ) to improve my chances?
No , i don't think it will improve your chances. It might backfire as you are not sure what program you want to study. I know for sure that getting into INSE is a bit easy more than Software Engineering.

P.S: i got admit for INSE and latter changed to Software Engineering.