+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! what should I do if I missed the Landing Interview?

vvkk3311

Aug 1, 2016
Same as the subject~~~I got the CIC notice email two weeks ago, due to a lot of reasons, I didn't check my email on time, lead to missing the landing interview(on July 21th).what can I do for it? Is it gonna be declined? :( :( :( :( :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vvkk3311 said:
Same as the subject~~~I got the CIC notice email two weeks ago, due to a lot of reasons, I didn't check my email on time, lead to missing the landing interview(on July 21th).what can I do for it? Is it gonna be declined? :( :( :( :( :(
1/ Contact IRCC and make a new appointment.

vvkk3311

Aug 1, 2016
How serious is missing the landing interview?

Just reschedule sounds like no consequence... right?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
vvkk3311 said:
How serious is missing the landing interview?

Just reschedule sounds like no consequence... right?
Call them immediately.

Worst case scenario they will think you abandoned the PR app by not showing up to landing, and simply cancel the app. Best case they have left the app open and will allow you to reschedule the landing.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This happened to someone here recently (although they only missed their landing date by one day). They contacted their visa office immediately and the interview was rescheduled.

Romylein

Feb 7, 2018
I would like to know the same i wrote an email after i saw the invitation in my spam one 1 to late for the meeting. I wrote another one and called Immigration. Now I am waiting for answer.
Did they give a second chance?

Oct 5, 2017
A month before, they send out appointment to one of the email. I have missed to check and attend the interview (Feb 21st ). Almost month is over now.

While booking the appointment, I had clearly told CIC call center person to make primary email id for appointment date but, they send out to secondary email id :-(

In the appointment pdf, they have mentioned “ Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly.”

I dont' know, if they will reject/cancel my application or do I need to call for new appointment.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
A month before, they send out appointment to one of the email. I have missed to check and attend the interview (Feb 21st ). Almost month is over now.

While booking the appointment, I had clearly told CIC call center person to make primary email id for appointment date but, they send out to secondary email id :-(

In the appointment pdf, they have mentioned “ Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly.”

I dont' know, if they will reject/cancel my application or do I need to call for new appointment.
Do have any status in your account ? You will never know unless you try calling though.

Oct 5, 2017
Still status is showing up as "Approved" only. It hard to catch up CIC representative through phone. Will come to know in the call.

Oct 5, 2017
I would like to know the same i wrote an email after i saw the invitation in my spam one 1 to late for the meeting. I wrote another one and called Immigration. Now I am waiting for answer.
Did they give a second chance?
Have you received any positive reply from CIC for second chance?

Oct 5, 2017
Re booked an appointment at same place after 40+ days time window. CIC person told in the call, "If we had missed to attend an interview and not respond back to them in next 80 - 100 days then . there will be chance of application rejection". Done with the landing now!!

Reactions: SsJohn

Luckyhari

May 1, 2018
If I m not able to attended an interview due to a big reason .is there any chance to again interview rescheule for my work permit file..? I am from India. I applied for a nanny work permit application.

sri_2622

Nov 19, 2018
Re booked an appointment at same place after 40+ days time window. CIC person told in the call, "If we had missed to attend an interview and not respond back to them in next 80 - 100 days then . there will be chance of application rejection". Done with the landing now!!
Hi
I have a similar situation , my landing interview will most likely be in Feb and I have to travel to India at the time due to something unavoidable.
I want to know did you reschedule did you only call or email also?
how much time did they take to reply?

Thanks for your help!

Oct 5, 2017
Hi
I have a similar situation , my landing interview will most likely be in Feb and I have to travel to India at the time due to something unavoidable.
I want to know did you reschedule did you only call or email also?
how much time did they take to reply?

Thanks for your help!
Mostly you can reschedule it. Please call call-center

celle2882

Jan 30, 2019
Hi sri_2622

Do you have any updates about your rescheduling?! I got my letter from cic edmonton for my landing interview on feb 12, unfortunately i can’t able to attend coz i have to leave canada for 3 weeks to see my sick father in the Phils. My flight is tomorrow and will be back on the 20th of feb. I already emailed them for rescheduling but haven’t have any response yet. I’m so worried, but I really have to see my dad.