+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! What is Full-Time for the BC PNP?

seanmc8000

Aug 20, 2010
Hi,

I would love if someone could help me out.

I am hoping to apply for the BC PNP - Semi-skilled worker strategic occupation. The program requires that I must have worked full-time for a period of nine consecutive months with the same employer.

Further down the "Who can apply?" page, under "Offer of Employment", it defines Full-Time employment as: "Full-time employment means that the employee is expected to work year round and, on average, at least 30 hours a week."

I currently work as a part-time server, but I am rostered for more than 30 hours a week and have been for at least the last 9 months. Does this mean that my current position is considered full time for the purposes of the PNP program. Or do I need to be a permanent full time employee with benefits etc.

Thanks for any help. Sean

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I believe your contract of work must state full time.

If, as currently, your contract is part time you cannot apply for PNP. Talk to your employers, they must issue you with a new contract stating you are a full time employee and work X amount of hours per week.

seanmc8000

Aug 20, 2010
Hi Angel, Thanks for the reply. I can probably get a contract saying full time, but will 30 hours/week be enough?