+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help what category to apply for

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I have 2-3 years of foreign work experience in the last 10 years and i moved to Ontario 5 years ago and did an engineering bachelor here. Currently I started working in a permanent position (3 months ago under a Post-graduate work permit). I can either apply through "Skilled Worker EE" or "Canadian Experience Class"(for the second option I need to get at least 12 months of Canadian Experience).

I am wondering what the best option is wait for 9 months then apply for Canadian Experience class or apply right now for "Skilled Worker" ? Please advice

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you wait till you have a year of Canadian experience, you will automatically be eligible for both programs. The eligibility isn't a big deal really, since you are probably already eligible under the FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) class.

The more important thing is the CRS points you get - this comes after the eligibility stage, and this is what determines whether you'll get invited or not.

You can check your CRS scores with this - https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html#gs.pulic9

If you already have more than 460 points, apply now. If you don't have enough points (less than 440), then try putting in answers as if you already have one year of Canadian experience and see how many points you get.

You need more than 460 points to be safe.

Last edited:

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If you wait till you have a year of Canadian expreience, you will automatically be eligible for both programs. The eligibility isn't a big deal really, since you are probably already eligible under the FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) class.

The more important thing is the CRS points you get - this comes after the eligibility stage, and this is what determines whether you'll get invited or not.

You can check your CRS scores with this - https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html#gs.pulic9

If you already have more than 460 points, apply now. If you don't have enough points (less than 440), then try putting in answers as if you already have one year of Canadian experience and see how many points you get.

You need more than 460 points to be safe.
Awesome thanks!
I have 550 points so i think i'm good