+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Visa Rejected. what went wrong?

exd

Feb 5, 2016
No, I had no previous rejections.
And yes, I scanned and uploaded all the documents, by merging them in a pdf format.
From what I have seen, if your documents are credible, and extremely well organized with an index then the time for processing the visa seems to be quicker online. Basically, you make the life of the VO easier by indexing, hyperlinking documents etc...so that he doesn't struggle to search for information.
I took the extra effort to ensure that, because I felt my visa would be rejected as I am a mature student and have 17 years of gap in studies....But I did get my visa.:)
Hi Skape7
I have a question for you
I got the biometric request letter on the next day of my application submission but I have to go to Germany for biometric
I want to know that it is possible that I get decision ( positive or negative) before the expiry of biometric submission so that I do not have to waste my travel expense to Germany ?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi Skape7
I have a question for you
I got the biometric request letter on the next day of my application submission but I have to go to Germany for biometric
I want to know that it is possible that I get decision ( positive or negative) before the expiry of biometric submission so that I do not have to waste my travel expense to Germany ?
Hi exd, your biometric records shall be maintained for a period of 15 years from the date of application ( you can recheck this in the help section of the cic website).
Only after you provide them, will the Govt. of Canada check criminal records, past applications etc....and confirm your eligibility. You will get your visa in a maximum time frame of 6-8 weeks, depending on the processing times in your country of application.
So don't worry and go ahead. It is safe to say that your biometric submission won't expire before you get a decision.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Awesome.

NO option of SPP in online application?

How exactly did u index your file?
Did you give a cover letter also?
Hi, I certainly dont remember seeing the SPP option in online application.

As a sample, I created a index as per the attached for my Letter of Explanation (Cover Letter) , with each line of text as a hyperlink in the pdf, leading to that respective document.

A sample pdf file for my Letter of Acceptance is attached for reference. This too has links - just to show you how it works.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzczU4vFReIcYzJtdkVXcWp5TzQ
Also, the links may not work unless you download it to your local drive...

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Hi exd, your biometric records shall be maintained for a period of 15 years from the date of application ( you can recheck this in the help section of the cic website).
Only after you provide them, will the Govt. of Canada check criminal records, past applications etc....and confirm your eligibility. You will get your visa in a maximum time frame of 6-8 weeks, depending on the processing times in your country of application.
So don't worry and go ahead. It is safe to say that your biometric submission won't expire before you get a decision.
Thanks mate for your response

Actually I wanted to know that Will I not get any final decision (positive or negative) before my bio-metrics?
Is biometrics a mandatory requirement to issue a final decision?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Thanks mate for your response

Actually I wanted to know that Will I not get any final decision (positive or negative) before my bio-metrics?
Is biometrics a mandatory requirement to issue a final decision?
Sorry buddy....unfortunately, that won't happen.... They will run your prints in their database (Royal Canadian Mounted Police & Canada Border Services Agency), before they make their final decision.

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Introduction_of_biometrics_into_the_temporary_resident_stream_of_Canada’s_immigration_program/$FILE/Canada_Immigration_Alert_23July2013A.pdf

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Sorry buddy....unfortunately, that won't happen.... They will run your prints in their database (Royal Canadian Mounted Police & Canada Border Services Agency), before they make their final decision.

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Introduction_of_biometrics_into_the_temporary_resident_stream_of_Canada’s_immigration_program/$FILE/Canada_Immigration_Alert_23July2013A.pdf
My sister got her acceptance in MENG at university of waterloo. She just finished her BTECH. Now her offer letter is conditional and upon talking to uni they told her that we don't issue revised offer letters, the one they provided should be good to apply for study permit. Any thoughts?

exd

Feb 5, 2016

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
My sister got her acceptance in MENG at university of waterloo. She just finished her BTECH. Now her offer letter is conditional and upon talking to uni they told her that we don't issue revised offer letters, the one they provided should be good to apply for study permit. Any thoughts?
Don't worry. I had a conditional Letter of Acceptance too. My University informed me that they would not issue any further letters stating that the conditions of admission had been met. So after I met all the conditions, I added snapshot images of my University website, that clearly showed that I had met all the conditions successfully. I included these snapshots with my Letter of Acceptance and combined them into one pdf file.
You can do the same, so I don't think Conditional LOA is going to be a problem for you....Good luck!

Faroosan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
No, I had no previous rejections.
And yes, I scanned and uploaded all the documents, by merging them in a pdf format.
From what I have seen, if your documents are credible, and extremely well organized with an index then the time for processing the visa seems to be quicker online. Basically, you make the life of the VO easier by indexing, hyperlinking documents etc...so that he doesn't struggle to search for information.
I took the extra effort to ensure that, because I felt my visa would be rejected as I am a mature student and have 17 years of gap in studies....But I did get my visa.:)

Can you please guide me in this regard since I have a 12 years of gap in education. I'm going to apply and I am just worried. What were the other documents u attached in order to make your case strong ?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Can you please guide me in this regard since I have a 12 years of gap in education. I'm going to apply and I am just worried. What were the other documents u attached in order to make your case strong ?
Hi Faroosan, I attached the following with my application:
All the checklist items and forms.
With Letter of Explanation (LOE), I included a copy of CV, Marksheets, copy of Degree, IELTS, proof of previous employment such as Payslips, Appointment letters, experience letters, proof of current employment - payslips, increment letter, letter from company stating that I am a current employee with salary listed, Police clearance Certificate, PPF account statement, EPF account balance, Mutual fund investment statement, Copy of Home agreement on fathers name, death certificate of father, property tax statements, pictures of my fiance and family.
With proof of funds, I included Bank statement from HSBC bank current balance of 54,000 CAD, current payslips for four months, Income tax returns for last 2 years, Letter of employment from company stating I am currently employed and I have good prospects of future employment in the company.
I am admitted to McGill University for Masters, which is amongst the top 3 Universities in Canada, and they have a very stringent application process (they have only 8 seats for the course!) I think this weighed in my favour.
I am an Architect, practicing all my working years as one. So it is logical that I study M.Arch to upgrade my skills. To explain the gap, I mentioned in my LOE that I couldnt study immediately on passing out as I was the only earning member of my family and I had to support them.

Reactions: exd