+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Visa Rejected. what went wrong?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Yes i got all the copied documents were notarized.

Dont you think this reason in the letter is standard for all rejected students?

The only hope is CAIPS, Any way to get the result faster?
You are right, it is a standard letter with a standard clause - it could be any ONE of those causes....

Also guys, just so you know...I applied online (General category) - with only photocopies and original scans of documents.
There was not a single notarized document in my application. And yet I got my visa.
So I am really not sure how critical it is to notarize documents.

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
You are right, it is a standard letter with a standard clause - it could be any ONE of those causes....

Also guys, just so you know...I applied online (General category) - with only photocopies and original scans of documents.
There was not a single notarized document in my application. And yet I got my visa.
okay. what documents did you attach? like bank balance and everything.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
okay. what documents did you attach? like bank balance and everything.
All my marksheets and Degree certificate were scanned copies. For my finances, I had a letter from my bank (HSBC) stating that I had funds equivalent to CAD$54,000 on their letter head, with stamp. Monthly bank statements were softcopies, downloaded from my Bank website (no stamp).
My father's property documents (with me as his heir), his death certificate and proof of my monthly payment of property taxes were all scanned copies (not notarized).

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016
All my marksheets and Degree certificate were scanned copies. For my finances, I had a letter from my bank (HSBC) stating that I had funds equivalent to CAD$54,000 on their letter head, with stamp. Monthly bank statements were softcopies, downloaded from my Bank website (no stamp).
My father's property documents (with me as his heir), his death certificate and proof of my monthly payment of property taxes were all scanned copies (not notarized).

All of that in SPP or general Catagory?

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I did give my SOP in the Visa Application though (Under SPP)

$40 is basic CAIPS which has no interpretation and explaination
I paid only $15. There is no interpretation required actually. It is very easy. The visa officer writes a summary of why he rejected. Its like reading a story and very straight forward. They send a report of 15-20 pages but you are only supposed to check the last 2-3 pages from the bottom. The actual cost to place an order directly to CIC is $5 if you have a frnd in canada. I dont understand why these third party companies charge $120.

Mohit_Malik

Jun 8, 2017

> Plz tell ur profile.
> When u applied
> Which VFS
> When ur medical passed
> When u got ur decision

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016
I paid only $15. There is no interpretation required actually. It is very easy. The visa officer writes a summary of why he rejected. Its like reading a story and very straight forward. They send a report of 15-20 pages but you are only supposed to check the last 2-3 pages from the bottom. The actual cost to place an order directly to CIC is $5 if you have a frnd in canada. I dont understand why these third party companies charge $120.

How long did your CAIPS result took.?
I had very less information about caips so didn't take any risk.
I have an uncle in Canada. Can I apply at cic directly also?

Actually I want to reapply asap for that I need the result faster.
It shows that the CAIPS result will come in 5 weeks time. That would be very late for me.

Do you thing I can do anything to get it faster?

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016

When Did u apply, which I take and when did I got back your passport?
Which city?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
All of that in SPP or general Catagory?
I applied under the General category...
I applied online from Pune on 22nd May. Once I got an approval on the CIC website on 12th June, I submitted my passport to VFS Pune on 13th May. They told me it shall take a week to receive my passport back with the visa.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
> Plz tell ur profile.
> When u applied
> Which VFS
> When ur medical passed
> When u got ur decision
Hi Mohit_Malik,
My detailed timeline is as below:

Submitted Study Permit Online (not VFS) Application - 22 May 2017 (General Category, not SPP)
Confirmation of Submission - 23 May 2017
Status update notification (no update on CIC website) - 25 May 2017
Status update notification (no update on CIC website) - 27 May 2017
Status update - Medical Passed - 30 May 2017
Visa approved - 12 June 2017 (Request to submit Passport)
Passport submitted to VFS Pune - 13 June 2017

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016
I applied under the General category...
I applied online from Pune on 22nd May. Once I got an approval on the CIC website on 12th June, I submitted my passport to VFS Pune on 13th May. They told me it shall take a week to receive my passport back with the visa.
That is quick. you were also rejected the first time?
In Online application. all the documents and forms are scanned and uploaded right?
do you think it is a faster process than the VFS ?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
That is quick. you were also rejected the first time?
In Online application. all the documents and forms are scanned and uploaded right?
do you think it is a faster process than the VFS ?
No, I had no previous rejections.
And yes, I scanned and uploaded all the documents, by merging them in a pdf format.
From what I have seen, if your documents are credible, and extremely well organized with an index then the time for processing the visa seems to be quicker online. Basically, you make the life of the VO easier by indexing, hyperlinking documents etc...so that he doesn't struggle to search for information.
I took the extra effort to ensure that, because I felt my visa would be rejected as I am a mature student and have 17 years of gap in studies....But I did get my visa.:)

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016
No, I had no previous rejections.
And yes, I scanned and uploaded all the documents, by merging them in a pdf format.
From what I have seen, if your documents are credible, and extremely well organized with an index then the time for processing the visa seems to be quicker online. Basically, you make the life of the VO easier by indexing, hyperlinking documents etc...so that he doesn't struggle to search for information.
I took the extra effort to ensure that, because I felt my visa would be rejected as I am a mature student and have 17 years of gap in studies....But I did get my visa.:)

Awesome.

NO option of SPP in online application?

How exactly did u index your file?

Did you give a cover letter also?

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016

It shows that the CAIPS result will come in 5 weeks time. That would be very late for me.

It takes minimum 30 days to get the notes no matter how you apply. If your uncle is in Canada then he could have submitted the same form to CIC for only $5. You cant do it. He has to do it.

It takes 30 days no matter how you apply. If your uncle is in Canada, he could have applied for CAIPS in just $5. It is a online system to apply for CAIPS. $120 is lot. I dont know why third parties charge so much. Almost making $115 profit for nothing. Atleast the company that I applied through was cheaper. Just $15

lakshaygulabani

Jul 27, 2016
It takes minimum 30 days to get the notes no matter how you apply. If your uncle is in Canada then he could have submitted the same form to CIC for only $5. You cant do it. He has to do it.

It takes 30 days no matter how you apply. If your uncle is in Canada, he could have applied for CAIPS in just $5. It is a online system to apply for CAIPS. $120 is lot. I dont know why third parties charge so much. Almost making $115 profit for nothing. Atleast the company that I applied through was cheaper. Just $15

Do you think if i tell my uncle also to apply or it is not allowed if i have already applied?

Can you share from were can he apply?