+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! VISA extension options

vozor

Feb 3, 2016
Hi Guys

I have been going through the post on various sections & i find them very helpful.

I have a few questions myself, I am currently doing graduate certificate course in information security, my study permit lapses in July but I will like to stay on and get PR. What are my best options? I have know I can go on and do another 1 year programme to be eligible for a 2-year PGWP, what other options do I have.

If I applied for study extension and then defer my admission from Sept to Jan to allow me work what are the implications.

I really need your advice...

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vozor said:
If I applied for study extension and then defer my admission from Sept to Jan to allow me work what are the implications.
If you do this your study permit will be automatically canceled and you'll end up in Canada without status - you'll also be working illegally. If you want to go through with your plan, you need to start your new studies in September.

vozor

Feb 3, 2016
Since permit expires in July, if I apply for an extension based on January Admission what happens then? Can I get the permit extended and work till School resumes in January or do I have to go back home and return in January?

scylla said:
If you do this your study permit will be automatically canceled and you'll end up in Canada without status - you'll also be working illegally. If you want to go through with your plan, you need to start your new studies in September.