udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Folks,

I recently submitted my application to sponsor my spouse. I put my address in the USA as my wife's mailing address on form IMM0008. I put my wife's overseas address as her residence address in form IMM0008. I did not include a Use of Representative form IMM5476 in my submission.
According to some recent posts on this forum, others that did the same have had their application package returned because it was missing form use of representative form IMM5476 according to the immigration officer. Mine hasn't been returned yet, but it has only been two weeks since I submitted but it is very possible it will be returned.

Should I have included the use of representative form?

There is an online CIC web form that lets you upload the use of representative form, even if you do not have your UCI number (I don't have mine yet). Will it help if I upload the form to the CIC web forum? https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.85991772.592410453.1489444046
Are there any downsides in trying to upload?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
What'd you put under "Current country of residence" ?

If your wife has a UCI number you can upload it. It's technically a form for the applicant, not the sponsor.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Aquakitty said:
What'd you put under "Current country of residence" ?

If your wife has a UCI number you can upload it. It's technically a form for the applicant, not the sponsor.
I put it as her current country of residence, Iran.

The online CIC web form does not require a UCI number. And she doesn't have one because I have not gotten AOR1.
The online CIC form requests "Enquirer Information," and it can be: Sponsor, Applicant and Representative. I was going to upload it as sponsor.

antony_kao

Oct 9, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my application sent back in Feb because of this issue.

How the CIC rep explained it to me over the phone was it is because they review the application in 2 parts.

1. they review the sponsor (so your mailing address is not a problem)

however...

2. they review the principal applicant so you would have to be on the 5476 form as the representative to have mail correspondence sent to you in place for the PA

really depends on the person sorting through the applications because a lot of people got through without this problem but I just filled out the 5476 and sent it back with the returned application with a cover letter stating the situation and recently just got my AOR1

It's nonsense in my opinion and wasn't stated as such in the guide but it is what it is.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
antony_kao said:
I had my application sent back in Feb because of this issue.

How the CIC rep explained it to me over the phone was it is because they review the application in 2 parts.

1. they review the sponsor (so your mailing address is not a problem)

however...

2. they review the principal applicant so you would have to be on the 5476 form as the representative to have mail correspondence sent to you in place for the PA

really depends on the person sorting through the applications because a lot of people got through without this problem but I just filled out the 5476 and sent it back with the returned application with a cover letter stating the situation and recently just got my AOR1

It's nonsense in my opinion and wasn't stated as such in the guide but it is what it is.
Hey, thanks for the info. Couple quick questions if you don't mind answering:

1) How long after you sent it in did they send it back to you?
2) Should I just submit it using the online form and hopes it gets to the in time?
3) What number do you call to talk to someone for advice on these things? The 18882422100 seems to be mainly for people checking on status. Or did miss one of the options.

antony_kao

Oct 9, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udub said:
Hey, thanks for the info. Couple quick questions if you don't mind answering:

1) How long after you sent it in did they send it back to you?
2) Should I just submit it using the online form and hopes it gets to the in time?
3) What number do you call to talk to someone for advice on these things? The 18882422100 seems to be mainly for people checking on status. Or did miss one of the options.
1)It took them a whole month before they sent it back to me.
2)You can try submitting the online form, but from what I understand on how they work, they probably won't check the online form when they're doing the preliminary screening but it won't hurt to try.
3)I called the CIC number, you just need to get through to a rep.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
antony_kao said:
1)It took them a whole month before they sent it back to me.
2)You can try submitting the online form, but from what I understand on how they work, they probably won't check the online form when they're doing the preliminary screening but it won't hurt to try.
3)I called the CIC number, you just need to get through to a rep.
Thanks. The 18882422100 is the CIC number right? I was able to find a way to call it (even though I'm outside canada) but the automated message said they are too busy and that I should call back later.

antony_kao

Oct 9, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udub said:
Thanks. The 18882422100 is the CIC number right? I was able to find a way to call it (even though I'm outside canada) but the automated message said they are too busy and that I should call back later.
You just have to keep trying, usually I have the most luck when I call first thing in the morning

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
antony_kao said:
You just have to keep trying, usually I have the most luck when I call first thing in the morning
Thanks.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Just an update on this for others: CIC web form doesn't let you submit without ONE of UCI or Application Number. I have neither so looks like I just have to wait for the application to be returned in order to re-submit.