+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! URGENT!!! Procedural Fairness - Medical

canuckbr

May 17, 2016
Hi,

I have received a procedural letter regarding my medication cost. I am current using Humira, but, since I have been using it for over 6 years and now I in the remission phase, my doctor said I could change my medication.

But, I have said in my visa application that I was using Humira.

Would be a good mitigation plan to change my prescription to an affordable one?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can explain that you are now in remission but whoever is evaluating will have to consider that you may have to go back on Humira. I would suggest hiring an immigration lawyer who has had good success with medical inadmissibility cases.

canuckbr

May 17, 2016
Tks!

You can explain that you are now in remission but whoever is evaluating will have to consider that you may have to go back on Humira. I would suggest hiring an immigration lawyer who has had good success with medical inadmissibility cases.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you search the forum you will find many others with Crohns and usually taking Humira. Crohns is usually an automatic procedural fairness so you may want to see what lawyer they used if they got approved for PR.

canuckbr

May 17, 2016
Hi, I have searched the forum, but, none of the threads regarding Chron's disease and Humira have an answer. Apparently, they never return to post the outcome.

If you search the forum you will find many others with Crohns and usually taking Humira. Crohns is usually an automatic procedural fairness so you may want to see what lawyer they used if they got approved for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should post your situation and ask if anybody got a positive response and if they used a lawyer who did they use. Hopefully someone will get back to you. I would also search medical inadmissibility or procedural fairness. Have definitely seen people get positive results in difficult cases. At least you may get a couple of names you can contact for a quick consultation before deciding what you should do.

Reactions: canuckbr

canuckbr

May 17, 2016
I'll do that! Tks again!

You should post your situation and ask if anybody got a positive response and if they used a lawyer who did they use. Hopefully someone will get back to you. I would also search medical inadmissibility or procedural fairness. Have definitely seen people get positive results in difficult cases. At least you may get a couple of names you can contact for a quick consultation before deciding what you should do.

Unforgiveniiii

Dec 6, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

I have received a procedural letter regarding my medication cost. I am current using Humira, but, since I have been using it for over 6 years and now I in the remission phase, my doctor said I could change my medication.

But, I have said in my visa application that I was using Humira.

Would be a good mitigation plan to change my prescription to an affordable one?
Brother same case here. I got the fairness letter. How did you solve the issue? It would be a great help. Please respond.