+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help urgent Please

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone maybe someone can help me please I’m in big problem

Me and my gf are living together from last 2 years. She got nominated through pnp and applied her pr but during this process i was not knowing about this common law category in canada . So now her medical is almost complete and she is in time frame of 13 months of federal file. Also we are getting married next month.

1-She can add me now in her application as a common law or wait and add next month as a spouse.?

2- is there any problem in application if she add new now as its long time we are in relationship as we were bot aware about this before

Thanks for your replies

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Me and my gf are living together from last 2 years. She got nominated through pnp and applied her pr but during this process i was not knowing about this common law category in canada . So now her medical is almost complete and she is in time frame of 13 months of federal file. Also we are getting married next month.

1-She can add me now in her application as a common law or wait and add next month as a spouse.?

2- is there any problem in application if she add new now as its long time we are in relationship as we were bot aware about this before

Thanks for your replies
She has to add you to her application no matter what. As long as long as she hasn’t forgotten to list you as a common law on other visas you should be fine.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
We haven’t got any visa as she haven’t went out of country anywhere yet. we both have work permit and she applied pr file alone but now we are thinking to get married

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Brother I’m really stressed out. Can you tell me is there will be any problem because it’s long time we are in relationship and now she is adding after almost 1 year of her file

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Brother I’m really stressed out. Can you tell me is there will be any problem because it’s long time we are in relationship and now she is adding after almost 1 year of her file
It's quite simple

1. She should have added you in the beginning as you were already common-law. Your saying you didn't know is not an excuse.
2. She has to add you now. You are currently common-law and she needs to add you.
3. IRCC/CBSA is typically not in the business of breaking up or penalizing genuine couples.

Yes, you didn't do the right thing, and you have to accept that there is a chance that this may cause issues. However, you are trying to do the right thing now (well, as long as she adds you ASAP), and you have a chance that there will be no problem.

The longer you wait, the worse you're making it for yourself. Being stressed out will not help matters. Calm down, relax, and do the right thing.

If you're extremely worried, go talk to an immigration lawyer and get professional advice - the forum can only give you so much advice, no one here can guarantee that you won't have issues.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
It's quite simple

1. She should have added you in the beginning as you were already common-law. Your saying you didn't know is not an excuse.
2. She has to add you now. You are currently common-law and she needs to add you.
3. IRCC/CBSA is typically not in the business of breaking up or penalizing genuine couples.

Yes, you didn't do the right thing, and you have to accept that there is a chance that this may cause issues. However, you are trying to do the right thing now (well, as long as she adds you ASAP), and you have a chance that there will be no problem.

The longer you wait, the worse you're making it for yourself. Being stressed out will not help matters. Calm down, relax, and do the right thing.

If you're extremely worried, go talk to an immigration lawyer and get professional advice - the forum can only give you so much advice, no one here can guarantee that you won't have issues.
I talked to few immigration lawyers and half of them gave me wrong advice. Any clue what can be issue in application if she adds me now brother?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I talked to few immigration lawyers and half of them gave me wrong advice. Any clue what can be issue in application if she adds me now brother?
Why do you keep asking what will happen if she adds you? Don't you get that she has to add you? That this isn't a choice?

Here's what happens if she doesn't add you: If she doesn't add you, she is committing misrepresentation and her PR can be cancelled and she can be banned for five years from Canada. Also, even if she gets PR, the fact that she committed misrepresentation will never go away - even after she gets citizenship, IRCC can cancel her citizenship and deport her and ban her.

If you lie to get PR, it will follow you for the rest of your life. There is no expiry date on misrepresentation.

Reactions: jddd and scylla

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks for your replies
Seriously, this has been repeatedly explained to you. Asking the same thing over and over again won't change the answers.

Reactions: kcward7 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010