+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! Unpaid off after ROA

ljm_Z

Mar 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Folks,

I applied PR as FWS with a BC PNP nomination.
I have been working for my current employee for over 1 year, but recently the business are very slow. They let me take unpaid day off and keep me on payroll. But there is no expect day for me to go back to work.
I have couple questions here:
1. Do I need inform BC PNP and CIC for my current situation?
2. What will happen if I inform them the situation, will I lose the 600 points from the PNP?
3. Any good suggestion for my situation?

Thank you for your suggestion in advance.

jideomoba

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ljm_Z said:
Hey Folks,

I applied PR as FWS with a BC PNP nomination.
I have been working for my current employee for over 1 year, but recently the business are very slow. They let me take unpaid day off and keep me on payroll. But there is no expect day for me to go back to work.
I have couple questions here:
1. Do I need inform BC PNP and CIC for my current situation?
2. What will happen if I inform them the situation, will I lose the 600 points from the PNP?
3. Any good suggestion for my situation?

Thank you for your suggestion in advance.

It depends on the type of visa you currently have. Is it a LMIA? If yes that may impact your PR application.
If it is an open work permit or a PGWP , you are fine and you don't have to inform them.

On the other hand you may still be safe with the closed WP or LMIA if as you said you are still in employment with the company ( still on the payroll).

My 2cents

ljm_Z

Mar 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jideomoba,

Thank you so much for reply. Mine is PGWP.
Here is another question, if I don't inform PNP and CIC, what my employer should say if they get a background check call?
Should the HR lady just say: she is working for us, but now she is on vacation? What's your opinion?

jideomoba

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ljm_Z said:
Hi Jideomoba,

Thank you so much for reply. Mine is PGWP.
Here is another question, if I don't inform PNP and CIC, what my employer should say if they get a background check call?
Should the HR lady just say: she is working for us, but now she is on vacation? What's your opinion?

Well, with PGWP it does not matter if you are employed or not before/after submitting and receiving AOR. The important thing is that the experience you claimed before AOR is valid ( I.e 1 year minimum) and you have the letters to prove that.

Your HR can say you still work for the company since you don't have a disengagement or have not tendered a resignation letter. I doubt if CIC will call, they call mostly in LMIA cases.