+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help understanding business visa refusal

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

I applied for a 1 week TRV (business visa) on 18th June and got a refusal letter today with the following reasons-
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

This is my second refusal for a business visa (the first one was a year back- similar reasons). I need help understanding which additional documents I should be submitting.

The documents submitted were-
  • bank statements (equivalent to ~50k CAD total)
  • salary slips (equivalent to 2k CAD p.m.)
  • credit card copy, proof of various investments, insurance, house lease, vehicle proof etc
  • income tax returns
  • invite and cover letter by sponsoring company
The stated purpose of my visit was 'to engage in business meetings with management, colleagues and its customers'. This is pretty standard for all my colleagues traveling to Canada and has never been an issue. Since the invite letter explicitly states that all expenses would be borne by them and I have sufficient funds in my account, I can't see why my financial situation would be an issue.

What am I missing and what should be my next steps?

Thanks

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
@21Goose I have no travel history outside my country of origin (though my lack of travel history wasn't stated as a reason). The sponsoring company has ~$150M annual revenue, not sure if that's big. It's probably not well known since its a niche firm

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have no travel history outside my country of origin (though my lack of travel history wasn't stated as a reason). The sponsoring company has ~$150M annual revenue, not sure if that's big. It's probably not well known since its a niche firm
Hmm, that's plenty big enough.

You should try ordering your GCMS notes to see exactly why you're being denied.

Reactions: balloonpopups

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
@21Goose Thanks, I will. I am concerned that GCMS notes may be too general as well (eg- insufficient funds for visit, purpose of visit unclear). In that case, I would have no new information/ documents to reapply with

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Hi,

I applied for a 1 week TRV (business visa) on 18th June and got a refusal letter today with the following reasons-
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

This is my second refusal for a business visa (the first one was a year back- similar reasons). I need help understanding which additional documents I should be submitting.

The documents submitted were-
  • bank statements (equivalent to ~50k CAD total)
  • salary slips (equivalent to 2k CAD p.m.)
  • credit card copy, proof of various investments, insurance, house lease, vehicle proof etc
  • income tax returns
  • invite and cover letter by sponsoring company
The stated purpose of my visit was 'to engage in business meetings with management, colleagues and its customers'. This is pretty standard for all my colleagues traveling to Canada and has never been an issue. Since the invite letter explicitly states that all expenses would be borne by them and I have sufficient funds in my account, I can't see why my financial situation would be an issue.

What am I missing and what should be my next steps?

Thanks
I am seeing only one concern here :

In which capacity host company inviting you and bearing all expanse for you and why ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@21Goose Thanks, I will. I am concerned that GCMS notes may be too general as well (eg- insufficient funds for visit, purpose of visit unclear). In that case, I would have no new information/ documents to reapply with
No, GCMS notes will be far more specific. They are the actual notes the visa officer makes on your file. So for example, there may be a note that says that he isn't convinced that you're an employee because of X,Y,Z reasons. You can then address those objections.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
The host company is my employer, or rather the parent company of the subsidiary I am employed at. Is that sufficient?
Okay but better to show expense Is handled by your direct employee ( I am saying with my own experience).

Most of the cases VO think why other company even they are your parent company paying for your trip just for meeting and discussion (which now a days can be over video conferencing easily with very less cost)

Above is my own experience :)

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
Okay but better to show expense Is handled by your direct employee ( I am saying with my own experience).

Most of the cases VO think why other company even they are your parent company paying for your trip just for meeting and discussion (which now a days can be over video conferencing easily with very less cost)

Above is my own experience :)
I see. So I should have a cover letter from my direct employer stating that they will bear all expenses and financials from my direct employer as proof that they can actually pay?

For the second point, I need a separate evidence of purpose of visit? Eg: an email which states why exactly I need to visit?

Is that what you were thinking?
Thanks a lot for sharing!

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
No, GCMS notes will be far more specific. They are the actual notes the visa officer makes on your file. So for example, there may be a note that says that he isn't convinced that you're an employee because of X,Y,Z reasons. You can then address those objections.
Thats reassuring. Is there a time limit on these notes? Can I request last year's as well?

aldisssssssss

Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I am interested in your forum and want to know more. I also just apply for TVR (business visa) on 24th July 2019. After I saw your forum I feel like I didn't put more information than yours. If you don't mind sharing, how long it will take you to get the result? I am thinking to cancel my application if I can. I really appreciate your answer. Thank you!

nmatter

May 12, 2019
I see. So I should have a cover letter from my direct employer stating that they will bear all expenses and financials from my direct employer as proof that they can actually pay?

For the second point, I need a separate evidence of purpose of visit? Eg: an email which states why exactly I need to visit?

Is that what you were thinking?
Thanks a lot for sharing!
Yes a proper detail invite stating a reason and you should explain in your purpose of travel why this meeting / discussion is important for you in person.

balloonpopups

Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I am interested in your forum and want to know more. I also just apply for TVR (business visa) on 24th July 2019. After I saw your forum I feel like I didn't put more information than yours. If you don't mind sharing, how long it will take you to get the result? I am thinking to cancel my application if I can. I really appreciate your answer. Thank you!
Hey, it took me around 45 days total. I did put in a lot of financial information but that was because I had already been refused once. Other people in my office don't really put in so much and they get their visas just fine.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Hey, it took me around 45 days total. I did put in a lot of financial information but that was because I had already been refused once. Other people in my office don't really put in so much and they get their visas just fine.
Did you compare your profile with other office people (visiting for same purpose ) so hopefully you will get some idea about refusal point