+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: Under CEC class, what doc does CIC normally asks for?

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm currently preparing doc for my job, in the check list I see three files requested:

1. Offer of Employment
2. Employment Records
3. Letter of Employment

Is that normal for anyone who applies through CEC program? or somehow I messed up the EE profile that it's actually asking for "Valid job offer"?
Please advice, thank you!

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
wlj0918 said:
Hi all,

I'm currently preparing doc for my job, in the check list I see three files requested:

1. Offer of Employment
2. Employment Records
3. Letter of Employment

Is that normal for anyone who applies through CEC program? or somehow I messed up the EE profile that it's actually asking for "Valid job offer"?
All those 3 are correct. I had same when I applied and I was with LMIA so no issues.
you might have claimed points for valid job offer(LMIA) so its asking it.

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I DO NOT have LMIA or "valid job offer", that's why I'm confused.
It's asking for "Offer of employment", does it mean LMIA job offer? or just regular any-type job offer? I'm currently on PGWP

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wlj0918 said:
I DO NOT have LMIA or "valid job offer", that's why I'm confused.
It's asking for "Offer of employment", does it mean LMIA job offer? or just regular any-type job offer? I'm currently on PGWP
Then you made a mistake in the "intended work" section.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well in that case just say "NO " to " DO you have Valid Job offer ? " in EE Profile, Question and that will sort the whole thing out .

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

wlj0918 said:
Hi all,

1. Offer of Employment
2. Employment Records
3. Letter of Employment

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Then you made a mistake in the "intended work" section.
Here it is :

Does RUNZE ZHAO have a job offer in Canada? YES
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year? YES
Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? YES
Four digit NOC code 2173
How many employers made this job offer? 1
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? NO
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? NO
Is XXX currently working in Canada? YES
Does RUNZE ZHAO have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES
Is RUNZE ZHAO's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? NO
Has RUNZE ZHAO been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? YES Might be this one, not sure
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? NO

For the record - I DID NOT claim points for "Valid Job Offer" during the time I was drawn (CRS 471 point, 1year CEC without LMIA)

Please advice, thank you all!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simply by changing your first answer to "no" will delete the "offer of employment and "letter of employment" placeholders.

I hate that question as it doesn't specify that it is talking about a valid job offer.

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Simply by changing your first answer to "no" will delete the "offer of employment and "letter of employment" placeholders.

I hate that question as it doesn't specify that it is talking about a valid job offer.
Thanks, but I entered "YES" in my EE profile, but didn't claim any points since I selected "NO" for LMIA.

Does it matter if I put NO in ITA form? Would the inconsistency be any problem?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wlj0918 said:
Thanks, but I entered "YES" in my EE profile, but didn't claim any points since I selected "NO" for LMIA.

Does it matter if I put NO in ITA form? Would the inconsistency be any problem?
Nope doesn't make a difference, as long as you haven't claimed those additional points for job offer your good, just say "NO" POST ITA .

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Nope doesn't make a difference, as long as you haven't claimed those additional points for job offer your good, just say "NO" POST ITA .
OMG - super thanks. I'm actually reading CIC websites too (should have done it long time ago)

The Offer of employment is only needed " if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged employment" quote from CIC website

and that's a big NO for me. Guess I have to explain it well in the LOE for the inconsistency between ITA and EE profile

cookiesand

Jan 19, 2019
OMG - super thanks. I'm actually reading CIC websites too (should have done it long time ago)

The Offer of employment is only needed " if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged employment" quote from CIC website

and that's a big NO for me. Guess I have to explain it well in the LOE for the inconsistency between ITA and EE profile

Hey @RUNZE, I am in the same situation now. Got ITA, put that 'YES' when I am on PGWP.
I am not sure, how what did you do? Did you went with 'YES' or did you changed it to 'NO' ?