+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - TRV for Parents - Proof of Funds/Invitation Letter

wonderkid

Nov 21, 2019
Hi all,

I am applying for TRV for my parents from India and needed some help with the invitation letter
About me: I came to Canada as a student on Study Permit in 2016 and started working in 2018 on an Open Work Permit which I am still on. I applied for my PR in September 2019 and it is being processed as of now.
About my parents: They live in India. My mom is a housewife (age 55) and my father does not work (age 68). They don't have much to show for financial proof except that they have bank statements and some fixed deposits which they'll show (around 20,000CAD for each mom and dad in fixed deposits). They are supported by me. I am also planning on showing my pay stubs, bank statements, bank profile, employment letter etc.
About others in family: I have a brother that lives and works in Greece and my parents have brothers and sisters that live in India (not together but in the same town)

Could you please let me know if this much financial is enough or do we need more documents?
Also, could you let me know if I need to show anything more for family ties?
(They plan on showing house docs)

Also, here is the invitation letter if anyone can please review:

Date: 20th November, 2019

To,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Subject: Letter of Invitation for Parents Mr. xxx & Mrs. xxx

I, xxx born on xx-xx-1994, Son of Mr. xxx and Mrs. xxx, currently on a Work Permit in Canada and working as a Software Developer with xxx would like to invite Mr. xxx and Mrs. xxx to visit me in Canada at my place: xxx, Toronto, Ontario, xxx xxx.

I came to Canada as a student on a Study Permit to study at the University of Waterloo. I graduated last year in September 2018 and started working at xxx (company) as a Software Developer. Since then, I feel I have become quite independent and would like to host my parents for a short trip to Canada in order to spend some quality time with them and show them the beauty of Canada and visit some amazing places during spring.

I will be bearing full expenses providing them meals and lodging at my place in Toronto, Ontario at no cost to my parents. I will also be paying for any visits, tourism, transportation, medicals and any other expenses during their visit and temporary stay in Canada. That being said, they will also be carrying an overall substantial amount of around 10,000CAD which should suffice for their stay along with my financials. They will be getting private travel and medical insurance which should cover any medical costs incurred during the trip if any. Also, my yearly salary is $70,000+ along with a bank balance of $40,000+ which will be sufficient to take good care of my parents.

My parents will be visiting me from 4th April 2020 to 27th April 2020. Please be assured that my parents will not overstay their visit as they have some important obligations towards their Family including their brothers and sisters in India. The sole purpose of their visit is to meet me, spend time with me and do some sightseeing. During their stay, we will also visit some of the well-known tourist destinations in Canada such as Niagara Falls and CN Tower.

Please find attached all of my documents (Work Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, Ontario Driving License, Bank Statements, Employment Letter, Indian Passport, Pay Stubs, Relationship Proof) for your kind perusal. Also, I will make sure that my parents follow and respect Canadian Law and Order.

Kindly do let me know in case of any further questions. I will be more than happy to help.
I look forward to having my parents visit me in Canada so that we can spend time together and visit places in Canada.

Sincerely Yours,
xxx

Guests (persons Invited to Canada):
1. Name: Mr. xxx
Address: xxx, India
Date of Birth: xxx, 1951
Telephone: xxx
Relationship: Father
Passport No: xxx

2. Name: Mrs. xxx
Date of Birth: xxx, 1965
Relationship: Mother

Host (person Inviting):
Name: xxx
Address: xxx, Toronto, Ontario, xxx, Canada
Date of Birth: xxx, 1994
Status in Canada: Work Permit
Passport No: xxx (Indian)
Employer: xxx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your parents are the one who must be able to show that they have the liquid savings to pay for their travels. Would suggest that you wait until you get PR and then apply for a supervisa for them.

You can certainly try to get a TRV but their property holdings and savings accounts must be included in the application. Your finances can be included but will be secondary.

Reactions: wonderkid

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi all,

I am applying for TRV for my parents from India and needed some help with the invitation letter
About me: I came to Canada as a student on Study Permit in 2016 and started working in 2018 on an Open Work Permit which I am still on. I applied for my PR in September 2019 and it is being processed as of now.
About my parents: They live in India. My mom is a housewife (age 55) and my father does not work (age 68). They don't have much to show for financial proof except that they have bank statements and some fixed deposits which they'll show (around 20,000CAD for each mom and dad in fixed deposits). They are supported by me. I am also planning on showing my pay stubs, bank statements, bank profile, employment letter etc.
About others in family: I have a brother that lives and works in Greece and my parents have brothers and sisters that live in India (not together but in the same town)

Could you please let me know if this much financial is enough or do we need more documents?

To,

I, xxx born on xx-xx-1994, Son of Mr. xxx and Mrs. xxx, currently on a Work Permit in Canada and working as a Software Developer with xxx would like to invite Mr. xxx and Mrs. xxx to visit me in Canada at my place: xxx, Toronto, Ontario, xxx xxx.

I came to Canada as a student on a Study Permit to study at the University of Waterloo. I graduated last year in September 2018 and started working at xxx (company) as a Software Developer. Since then, I feel I have become quite independent and would like to host my parents for a short trip to Canada in order to spend some quality time with them and show them the beauty of Canada and visit some amazing places during spring.

I will be bearing full expenses providing them meals and lodging at my place in Toronto, Ontario at no cost to my parents. I will also be paying for any visits, tourism, transportation, medicals and any other expenses during their visit and temporary stay in Canada. That being said, they will also be carrying an overall substantial amount of around 10,000CAD which should suffice for their stay along with my financials. They will be getting private travel and medical insurance which should cover any medical costs incurred during the trip if any. Also, my yearly salary is $70,000+ along with a bank balance of $40,000+ which will be sufficient to take good care of my parents.

My parents will be visiting me from 4th April 2020 to 27th April 2020. Please be assured that my parents will not overstay their visit as they have some important obligations towards their Family including their brothers and sisters in India. The sole purpose of their visit is to meet me, spend time with me and do some sightseeing. During their stay, we will also visit some of the well-known tourist destinations in Canada such as Niagara Falls and CN Tower.

Please find attached all of my documents (Work Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, Ontario Driving License, Bank Statements, Employment Letter, Indian Passport, Pay Stubs, Relationship Proof) for your kind perusal. Also, I will make sure that my parents follow and respect Canadian Law and Order.

Kindly do let me know in case of any further questions. I will be more than happy to help.
I look forward to having my parents visit me in Canada so that we can spend time together and visit places in Canada.

Sincerely Yours,
xxx

Host (person Inviting):
Provide a sponsorship letter which says you will be responsible for all of their expenses. Provide their financial assets regardless. Not that this will only help with financial aspect. Your parents case will still be evaluated independently to see their ties/past travel history/possibility of them overstaying.

Reactions: wonderkid

wonderkid

Nov 21, 2019
@canuck78 @subodhp Thank you so much for your prompt replies. I will definitely add their liquid financials and property holdings to the application. I will also add a sponsorship letter saying I will be responsible for all their expenses during their stay. Thanks a lot!

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
@canuck78 @subodhp Thank you so much for your prompt replies. I will definitely add their liquid financials and property holdings to the application. I will also add a sponsorship letter saying I will be responsible for all their expenses during their stay. Thanks a lot!

Just checking to see if they received the TRV. I am also kind off in the same situation as you

Reactions: Yamuna87

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Can you please also confirm on the list of documents that you provided in the application and was it a paper application or online.

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi @wonderkid
Even i am in a similar situation like yours.
What did you answer for the question "Do you require financial support" during the initial questions?
Currently my dad runs a small business from home which is not registered(This covers his basic day to day expenses), hence i guess i cannot mention this in the application right?
Apart from that, me and my brother support our parents.

Also, could you please provide sample of the Sponsorship letter?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hi @wonderkid
What did you answer for the question "Do you require financial support" during the initial questions?
Currently my dad runs a small business from home which is not registered(This covers his basic day to day expenses), hence i guess i cannot mention this in the application right?

It is advised to not mention that they need financial support. That shows dependency and hence a possibility that the applicant may overstay their visit.

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

To,

Sincerely Yours,
xxx

Host (person Inviting):

hi! Just want to ask how long did it take for the processing.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
hi! Just want to ask how long did it take for the processing.
how about fingure biomatrics, how to get that done? my town is small Udaipur in rajasthan, and I am not sure in that small city if i can get the biomatrics done.

Do i need to go to metro city and get their bio matrics done? or i can apply with that too?

Paras99

Mar 7, 2020
Hi there,
I am a worker here in BC, Canada and my brother is in Ontario and he has his convocation coming in june and we want to invite our parents here. Can you please tell me the step by step process for inviting them here and also should I mention about both of us in the invitation letter because he doesn't have enough funds in his account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
I am a worker here in BC, Canada and my brother is in Ontario and he has his convocation coming in june and we want to invite our parents here. Can you please tell me the step by step process for inviting them here and also should I mention about both of us in the invitation letter because he doesn't have enough funds in his account.
A TRV is based on your parents liquid funds and their ability to cover their travel costs, their strong ties to their home country and their previous international travel history especially to countries like Australia, US, UK, etc. You can prepare the application or pay for the help of a consultant or lawyer if you don't feel capable.

Reactions: iglu

wonderkid

Nov 21, 2019
Hi @wonderkid

Actually, my case was different as my parents were not working/retired. In your case I would suggest same as nv0411 said. Go ahead with showing your dad's business proofs. But if you still feel its too less then I'd definitely recommend getting a sponsorship letter showing that you'll be covering all the expenses during their stay in Canada.

wonderkid

Nov 21, 2019
how about fingure biomatrics, how to get that done? my town is small Udaipur in rajasthan, and I am not sure in that small city if i can get the biomatrics done.

Do i need to go to metro city and get their bio matrics done? or i can apply with that too?
So for biometrics you'll have to find the nearest VFS center, which in your case is probably Ahmedabad and submit biometrics there. So the process is like this for online applications: you submit application online, they ask for biometrics after submission and you go to nearest VFS center and submit them, then you wait for processing of application, once approved you go back to nearest VFS center and submit passport (not sure if you can send it by post or not)