+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Trouble submitting/signing the online application?

minaatos2

Mar 18, 2013
I have the same problem, and I have tried everything from changing the browser, deleting the entire application and resubmitting, making my name capital, playing with name order, you name it, and it still doesnt work. This is truly a shame...
If anyone solves it please share it with us!

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
The CIC website has nothing to do with your errors, follow correctly the directions and eveything will be fine. I found the site user friendly.
If you are the principal applicant (meaning you are the owner of myCIC account)whether you are applying alone or including all your family members only you yourself will sign the last portion of your applications.
Just type your full name and it is considered already.
As per the Pdf format of the form IMM5710 you have to validate it and save, it doesn't matter if you change the file name or not as long as it does not overwrite the same file you've got beforehand.Other requirements you can upload even in .doc format except the IMM forms that must be in pdf.
I finish my online applications for myself and my husband in 3 hours time.
You will receive a notification in your email that you have a message in myCIC account about the confirmation of your application after 6 to 10 hours.
After the payment you'll get also a receipt, you can copy and save it or print.

killua2013

Apr 6, 2013
maplelove said:
The CIC website has nothing to do with your errors, follow correctly the directions and eveything will be fine. I found the site user friendly.
If you are the principal applicant (meaning you are the owner of myCIC account)whether you are applying alone or including all your family members only you yourself will sign the last portion of your applications.
As per the Pdf format of the form IMM5710 you have to validate it and save, it doesn't matter if you change the file name or not as long as it does not overwrite the same file you've got beforehand.Other requirements you can upload even in .doc format except the IMM forms that must be in pdf.
You will receive a notification in your email that you have a message in myCIC account about the confirmation of your application after 6 to 10 hours.
Not really, I got the same problem too. I find out my country of birth on my study-permit is "China", but in IMM5710's country list, my country's name is "China, People's Republic of". When I try to fill the blank "Place of birth", it doesn't allow me to type into anything and the only way is choose one from the list. It keeps saying that my country of birth is wrong but I can't fix that. Even a capital letter would cause the problem so I think this is the cause of mine.

sanchez1984

Apr 16, 2013
You need to check the information you provided at the time of creating your CIC account. I was facing the same issue. I revoked my CIC key and re created an account and carefully inputted my information and it worked.

All the best..

eryeng

May 16, 2013
Make sure in Form 5257E when you are entering your name, you are entering LAST NAME on the left box and FIRST name on the right box.
Even though in Box 1 it says full name you only enter last name here and on the right side where it says given name that is where you enter first name.

Most likely you might have entered full name altogether on the left side.
Please check this.

muyong2013

May 24, 2013
sanchez1984 said:
You need to check the information you provided at the time of creating your CIC account. I was facing the same issue. I revoked my CIC key and re created an account and carefully inputted my information and it worked.

All the best..
That helps. I revoke my CIC key too and solve the problem. The reason is when I creat the key I use not all upper case name, but in the form I use all uper case name. The system distinguish that which should not. And, the personal information can't be changed after creating the key, that's a little wierd. I rate the person who develop this system as beginner. :p

muyong2013

May 24, 2013
maplelove said:
Yes, generallly it's user friendly execpt this sign problem. Moreover, the receit is ugly and rough. The system need fine tune, obviously.

hia

May 26, 2013
Re: Application for extension of work permit under LCP

Hi,

I just sent my application two weeks ago and I included a letter from my employer and a new contract signed by me and my employers. I was so worried because on my application I didnt put or leave it blank the question about the LMO number and on my new contract, since they gave me a raised and I am not paying for my room and board so i put zero. Is it okay i did some changes? Anyway, everything is the same only my slary and my deductions.

Pls. Advice me thanks.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
eryeng said:
Make sure in Form 5257E when you are entering your name, you are entering LAST NAME on the left box and FIRST name on the right box.
Even though in Box 1 it says full name you only enter last name here and on the right side where it says given name that is where you enter first name.

Most likely you might have entered full name altogether on the left side.
Please check this.
Thank you, thank you! That is the mistake I had made.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
I would also like to know how to revoke my GCKey, because it's not at all obvious.

Also, the error message makes little sense.
Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.
I did not have to provide my DoB or CoB for my signature, so why does it mention these two options? I had to select "I agree" (which happens to be the only option) and I had to provide my given name(s) and last name. I've checked many times that the provided name matches up with the name on my application. I've even tried many of the suggestions in this thread, such as using all caps, leaving out one or both of my middle names, and so on.

I still have to try revoking my GCKey, but according to others, sometimes that doesn't work either.

It's bad enough that the government uses closed and proprietary public-facing documents (e.g. you have no choice but to download the latest version of Adobe Reader, because the contents of the application form differ depending on which PDF viewer you use).

P.S. If anyone from CIC happens to be reading, please redesign all application processes with usability as top priority. Currently the user experience is awful, almost as if it was designed to be a deterrent.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
I figured out how to renew your GCKey. Google "mycic", click on the first link. The page should ask you if you want to log in using "Sign-In Partner Log In" or "GCKey Log In" - select the latter. On the new page, click on "Register" (it should be on the left side of the page) and follow the steps.

Unfortunately, it didn't help one bit. I still get the "names do not match" error. I'm all out of ideas now.

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
anon123 said:
I figured out how to renew your GCKey. Google "mycic", click on the first link. The page should ask you if you want to log in using "Sign-In Partner Log In" or "GCKey Log In" - select the latter. On the new page, click on "Register" (it should be on the left side of the page) and follow the steps.

Unfortunately, it didn't help one bit. I still get the "names do not match" error. I'm all out of ideas now.
I forgot to mention how to revoke the GCKey and instead I just gave instructions for renewing it. When you log in with your old GCKey, the first page you land on will have a link to revoke your GCKey.