+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help~~~~transit visa

Yongli

May 9, 2013
I had a flight on 13th May. And I sent all my docs to NY office. My application was delivered at 19th, March. It has been 51 days (and I included a returning envelop in the package). No doubt I have to re-book a flight. I am worrying about my passport would have got lost by the office( after reading posts in this forum.) :( I wrote couples of e-mails to them and state my situation, no responses at all. Three years away from home, this is my only shot during my phD., the New York consulate just blow it away without give a sh**.

Yongli

May 9, 2013
i wanna get my passport back and dont want the visa any more. how should I do. If I write them email, would they give me the same robot response?

Ahmed M

May 10, 2013
Re: help~~~~to get passport back,withdraw my application

I am a canadian citizen,my wife has applied for visiting visa, unfortunetly its more than four weeks,no reply . she wants her passport back,can i go and collect it. in LA Embassy. she wants to cancell her application.pls any info.

Yongli

May 9, 2013
guys, just want to update my post.
I sent a couple of email to newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca to withdraw my application for the transit visa. Finally they reply me today.
here is what they said:
Dear Sir,

Your passport with the transit visa has been mailed back to you today using the express mail envelope that you provided.

ironically, they give me the visa with my passport, but I don't need it anymore. Still good to get my passport back. So, totally 53 days( include weekend and holidays). Hopefully I will got it tomorrow. Cross finger. .........

good luck with you guys.

Yongli