+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! the Queston for Study in Canada in Schedule 3_Economic Classes_FSW

StevenChang

Aug 25, 2009
I don't know how to answer the Question 7, Study in Canada, in the Schedule 3_Economic Classes_FSW

It asked "Have you or, if applicable, your accompanying spouse or common-Law partner, previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-seconday institution in Canada?"

My current status is, I am a full-time Ph.D student at the University of New Brunswick since 2005,
I got my Bachelor's and Master's degree outside of Canda.

Here are my questions:
1.)Should I check " Yes" or "No"? Does it mean you only check Yes if you already obtained any
posecondary degrees with at least two years full-time study in Canada?

2.) Is this question related to the Adaptability criteria which mentions
in the Instruction guide [IMM EG7000].?
If so, it seems it has different explanation with the adaptive criteria mentioned in the Instruction guide
. In the adaptive criteria of Instruction guide [Imm EG7000], You got 5 points if:

"B. Previous study in Canada:You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner studied at a
post-secondary institution in Canada for at least two years on a full-time basis. This must have been
done after the age of 17 and with a valid study permit. "

It seems I am eligible for this criteria mentioned in the Instruction guide,
since it does asked you have to completed a program.
So, Can anyone tell me according to my situation
What should check the question 7, study in Canda, in the Schedule 3?

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you didn't complete the program yet, you answer no. You do however write an explanation stating that you have been studying full time since 2005 but you are not done yet. I am too lazy to look up the form but if there isn't space to write this, write a letter with the heading "Schedule 3 - additional information" and below that write "Question 7 - I am a full-time Ph.D student at the University of New Brunswick since 2005, but I did not complete the program yet."

StevenChang

Aug 25, 2009
Leon said:
Since you didn't complete the program yet, you answer no. You do however write an explanation stating that you have been studying full time since 2005 but you are not done yet. I am too lazy to look up the form but if there isn't space to write this, write a letter with the heading "Schedule 3 - additional information" and below that write "Question 7 - I am a full-time Ph.D student at the University of New Brunswick since 2005, but I did not complete the program yet."
Thank you so much!!!

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should answer yes. They only need 2 years of full-time studies.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
The Answer is Yes, You don't have to complete the program in order to claim the 2 years.

2 Years = 16 Month of Academic studies.. so you can claim it normally..

I know a PhD student in the same case of you and he claimed these 5 points and he already got his PR now while he is still in PhD

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sicko86 said:
The Answer is Yes, You don't have to complete the program in order to claim the 2 years.

2 Years = 16 Month of Academic studies.. so you can claim it normally..

I know a PhD student in the same case of you and he claimed these 5 points and he already got his PR now while he is still in PhD
Actually the answer is no, read the criteria "previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years " Notice the word completed?

PMM

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a little bit tricky:

If you read in this file:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

b) Previous study in Canada:
• Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law
partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years’ duration
at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of
seventeen and with valid study permits.
(The person is not required to have obtained an educational credential for these
two years of study in Canada to earn the points, but simply to have completed at
least two years of study.)

You only need to study here for two year full-time.