+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! Suggestions please!

Dec 6, 2021
Hello. I have done my Diploma in Music (85%/ CGPA : 8.5) after 10th grade (50%). And my ielts result is 6.5 overall with 7.5 in listening, 7 in reading, 6 in speaking and 5.5 in writing.
I want to apply for Music Industry Arts (MIA) diploma course in Fanshawe college . Should I apply with my current scores? As I think my course in genuinely relevant + it's an art course. Can i take chance by applying non sds file?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. I have done my Diploma in Music (85%/ CGPA : 8.5) after 10th grade (50%). And my ielts result is 6.5 overall with 7.5 in listening, 7 in reading, 6 in speaking and 5.5 in writing.
I want to apply for Music Industry Arts (MIA) diploma course in Fanshawe college . Should I apply with my current scores? As I think my course in genuinely relevant + it's an art course. Can i take chance by applying non sds file?
You can apply as no one can tell you your changes. Your IELTs score in writing is low. Is the program a post-grad program or a diploma program. If not a post grad program then you may have more difficulty getting approval since you have a diploma already.

Reactions: raghav.brahmbhatt
Dec 6, 2021
You can apply as no one can tell you your changes. Your IELTs score in writing is low. Is the program a post-grad program or a diploma program. If not a post grad program then you may have more difficulty getting approval since you have a diploma already.
It is a 2 year diploma course( is relevant but not the same as I studied music but this course is more about technology used in music) . Can you pls explain that how could it'd be difficult if I take a diploma course?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is a 2 year diploma course( is relevant but not the same as I studied music but this course is more about technology used in music) . Can you pls explain that how could it'd be difficult if I take a diploma course?
You are applying to a diploma program that requires high school. You have a diploma already so you should be applying to post-grad programs. You need to show education and career progression.

Reactions: raghav.brahmbhatt
Dec 6, 2021
You are applying to a diploma program that requires high school. You have a diploma already so you should be applying to post-grad programs. You need to show education and career progression.
Now I get it. Thank you. But my original question is - can I take chance in taking any relevant course with my current ielts score?