+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Submitting an application without police background check

Jan 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I want to ask you guys a question before submitting my application in today.
I was wondering if it's a good idea to submit my application before receiving my police certificate background check.

It says on the document check list that you can submit the application without it but it is not recommended.
I have applied for my background check and it's the last thing I am waiting for and I know that they are only accepting the first 12,000 applicants and the number of applicants they received are going up quick (right now it says online that they received 3,353/12,000 applications so far).
If there was no cap, I would wait until I receive my police certificate but I almost think it's better for me to submit my application first so I can be one of the applicants out of the 12,000 they accept.

PS. If I do end up submitting my application without my police certificate, when should I send in my police certificate? Should I wait until I receive a letter from the immigration office, asking me for the police certificate or do I just submit it as soon as I receive the police certificate in the mail?

Thanks for the help!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
satisfiedlemon said:
Hey guys,

I want to ask you guys a question before submitting my application in today.
I was wondering if it's a good idea to submit my application before receiving my police certificate background check.

It says on the document check list that you can submit the application without it but it is not recommended.
I have applied for my background check and it's the last thing I am waiting for and I know that they are only accepting the first 12,000 applicants and the number of applicants they received are going up quick.
If there was no cap, I would wait until I receive my police certificate but I almost think it's better for me to submit my application first so I can be one of the applicants out of the 12,000 they accept.

PS. If I do end up submitting my application without my police certificate, when should I send in my police certificate? Should I wait until I receive a letter from the immigration office, asking me for the police certificate or do I just submit it as soon as I receive the police certificate in the mail?

Thanks for the help!
You can go ahead and submit your application without the PCC. Attach a letter explaining why you can't send it right now and when
you will send it.
Wait for the AOR and the submit the PCC. Don't wait for CIC to request the document.

Instructions on how to submit the PCC after receiving the AOR can be found here:
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
You can submit application without PCC. You can submitted that after you get AOR.

rtall

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Hi

You can submit your application with out PCC , and after receiving AOR file number , you can send the same via email and post the hard copy to CIC quoting the file number.

But if you are expecting PCC in a week or two then I would recommend to wait if not you can still send

Thanks
Rtall

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
satisfiedlemon said:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Quick question, what does AOR stand for?
AOR stands for Acknowledgement Or Receipt. It's an email CIC sends you after checking your application for
completion. For you it means the beginning of the processing for your application.

More FAQs can be found on my webiste: >> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs.html