+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Study permit rejected twice in Abu Dhabi

Hopeful786

Jul 31, 2017
I applied for Masters in Management in July 2017 and was rejected for the following reasons.

Grounds for refusal:
-Other reasons:
-limited employment prospects in your country of residence
-purpose of visit
-your immigration status
-your personal assets and financial status

Applied for CAIPS notes and they mentioned they were not satisfied with my Immigration status, working as IT and wants to do business program, and no ties in home country.

I applied again in Nov 2017 providing all the supporting documents and justification but they rejected again in one week of application with only one reason this time.

Purpose of Visit

Reason: Upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the
reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona
fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay.

Not sure what's wrong, I pushed the intake to May 2018 should I apply again or are they upset to reject in one week?

Last edited:

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I applied for Masters in Management in July 2017 and was rejected for the following reasons.

Grounds for refusal:
-Other reasons:
-purpose of visit
-your immigration status

Applied for CAIPS notes and they mentioned they were not satisfied with my Immigration status, working as IT and wants to do business program, and no ties in home country.

I applied again in Nov 2017 providing all the supporting documents and justification but they rejected again in one week of application with only one reason this time.

Purpose of Visit

Reason: Upon a complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and the
reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bona

Not sure what's wrong, I pushed the intake to May 2018 should I apply again or are they upset to reject in one week?
Where did you apply from? Which country? You have to change your course to match what you have been doing till now.

Hopeful786

Jul 31, 2017
Applied from Dubai, UAE.
Why would they want me to change the course when I want to enhance my career with management studies or do I need to prepare again a strong SOP?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Grounds for refusal:
-Other reasons:
-purpose of visit
-your immigration status

Purpose of Visit

instead of business mgmt, why dont you go for project mgmt. You can also explain in your SOP that you have experience executing several projects and now you want to manage those projects. In short be an project manager in IT. It perfectly matches with your education, work experience and future plans in same sector.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Hopeful786

Jul 31, 2017
Thanks Helican ... I checked with the university they can change the program to masters of global management. do u think this will help?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Thanks Helican ... I checked with the university they can change the program to masters of global management. do u think this will help?
honestly, I dont think so. very difficult to explain IT with global mgmt.

Hopeful786

Jul 31, 2017
My brother had similar profile in IT and got the admission in business management, maybe they rejected because my brother is there in Canada?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
My brother had similar profile in IT and got the admission in business management, maybe they rejected because my brother is there in Canada?
No not at all. Infact nowadays they are encouraging relatives to apply more. Also, in express entry, you get 15 extra points if you have a brother/sister in Canada. has to be a sibling. no extra points for parents.