+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Spouse Sponsorship and Open Work Permit Application IMM5556, IMM5409

siamese814

Jun 19, 2021
LANDED..........
27-02-2020
Hi all, I appreciate any information or feedback regarding my questions and confusions below. Any help will be grateful. I've searched online and in forum, and I have some sense of it but really want to be sure.

I'm trying to apply inland Spouse Sponsorship together with the Open Work Permit.
I found the paper form with document checklist from Canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply-paper.html).

1. On IMM5556 checklist, it has listed a few conditions, none of which applies to our situation - inland Spouse Sponsorship, my spouse is not a student or holder of a work permit but a PR in Canada and we are living together, and my current status is a visitor. Does it mean I only need to provide whatever is applicable under Forms List and Documents List?
  2. I was reading guide 5553, it stated I need to provide "evidence that you meet the requirements of the job, possibly including specific educational requirements and a valid Canadian provincial or territorial trade certificate," is it a must for Open Work Permit with the Spouse Sponsorship? If so, what do I need to provide? Like work letter from previous company or Master degree diploma to be certified by WES or organizations like that?
  3. I guess since my sponsor is my spouse (we are married), I don't need to complete IMM5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union?
Thank you guys.