+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Spouse PR and Spouse Work Experience

@omkarindia

Sep 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Me and my wife are planning to immigrate to Canada. We have completed ECA and IELTS and in the process of creating EE profile. My wife is going to be the primary applicant (because she has more education and necessary work related docs) and me the dependant. So I have two questions for you all:

1. When I apply as spouse, do I get The PR and equal rights as a primary applicant would get. Example: Do I get the work permit ?
I mean to ask are there are any disadvantages of applying as a dependant/spouse

2. I am a freelance digital marketer with over 3 years of experience but do not have supporting documents like reference letter or experience certificates. All my work experience is in India (i.e non Canadian) and hence I cannot claim any points for the same. So while creating EE profile can I select “No” under work experience? Will this impact our EE profile and have any repercussions while finding a job in Canada? Or will this be classified as non true information? Is there any way around where I will not need to submit documents but still keep my EE profile authentic? And how safe is it to do so?

PS: Help from someone who has already done this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
1. No disadvantage. BTW, PRs don't get work permits since they don't need permit to work.
2. No repercussions. Just mention work experience in Personal History section after you get invited. No documents will be required.
Good luck!

@omkarindia

Sep 29, 2017
1. No disadvantage. BTW, PRs don't get work permits since they don't need permit to work.
2. No repercussions. Just mention work experience in Personal History section after you get invited. No documents will be required.
Good luck!
Thank you for the answer.
So the way I understand this is, when we create the EE profile, under Spouse Work Experience, I should select “No” to work experience right? And later after I get the ITA, under Personal History, I have to add the work experience. Am I right?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you for the answer.
So the way I understand this is, when we create the EE profile, under Spouse Work Experience, I should select “No” to work experience right? And later after I get the ITA, under Personal History, I have to add the work experience. Am I right?
That's correct.

@omkarindia

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone else want to share any other opinion/ suggestions?

Or should I go ahead with the above process.

Please do reply. Thanks in advance.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need to write a letter of explanation as to why I did not include the work experience in EE?
you can if you want to... doesnt make any difference.

and spouse work experience gets you a grand total of 0 points on CRS tool... so yes, you can remove it completely from EE profile. (Unless she/he worked in canada)

100s of people i know have already gotten PRs with this method.

Reactions: @omkarindia

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

We did the same in our app. Go ahead it is totally fine. All the best!

Himavarsha Seshadri

Mar 1, 2019

Hi,
Hello Everyone,
Me and my wife are planning to immigrate to Canada. We have completed ECA and IELTS and in the process of creating EE profile. My wife is going to be the primary applicant (because she has more education and necessary work related docs) and me the dependant. So I have two questions for you all:

1. When I apply as spouse, do I get The PR and equal rights as a primary applicant would get. Example: Do I get the work permit ?
I mean to ask are there are any disadvantages of applying as a dependant/spouse

2. I am a freelance digital marketer with over 3 years of experience but do not have supporting documents like reference letter or experience certificates. All my work experience is in India (i.e non Canadian) and hence I cannot claim any points for the same. So while creating EE profile can I select “No” under work experience? Will this impact our EE profile and have any repercussions while finding a job in Canada? Or will this be classified as non true information? Is there any way around where I will not need to submit documents but still keep my EE profile authentic? And how safe is it to do so?

PS: Help from someone who has already done this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am in the same confused state now as I am applying as a dependent and didnt get my ECA evaluated. Can I still work in Canada? Thanks