+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help ...sponsoring a spouse with study visa in USA

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello

I want to thank Rorita,she warned me about important thing,and i need help !!

My wife will sponsor me soon I am Libyan studying in USA.

I am in USA with Student visa,and the one is issued in my passport will expire in June,
but it does not matter here if it will,
Because here to be legal the I-20(acceptance from school for studying) must be valid not the visa.

my question is (does the immigration office will care about my visa will expire in June which does not mean i am illegal,and the immigration will care about my I-20 only is USA government?

please i need help before i will send my file,because i don`t want them to send it to my home country and tell me to go there while i am studying here and applying from here?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration Canada will not care very much about your status in the US as long as you were admitted with at least a 1 year visa which makes you qualify to apply in the US.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Leon said:
Immigration Canada will not care very much about your status in the US as long as you were admitted with at least a 1 year visa which makes you qualify to apply in the US.
Thank you Leon,

My visa will expire in this June,but my I-20 which is the same as study permit in Canada is still valid until 2012,and i am currently student.

so what will happen? will they care about my visa expiration and transfer my file or i should send them a photocopy of my I-20?