+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! SOWP Application

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hey,
I was accepted for Sept 2019 intake and im attempting to apply for my study permit.
I want to do the application with my spouse but I'm sort of confused. I've gone through the questionnaire and have the list of required documents. what confuses me is that one of the requirement is for us to give purpose of his travel, ny way of flight ticket or medical record to show when my spouse will leave the country. Even though he's applying for the open work permit. what should I do? Did i take a wrong turn?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey,
I was accepted for Sept 2019 intake and im attempting to apply for my study permit.
I want to do the application with my spouse but I'm sort of confused. I've gone through the questionnaire and have the list of required documents. what confuses me is that one of the requirement is for us to give purpose of his travel, ny way of flight ticket or medical record to show when my spouse will leave the country. Even though he's applying for the open work permit. what should I do? Did i take a wrong turn?
Your spouse must demonstrate ties to his country of residence: His employment/business + if he owns property/land ownership or has a lease + dependent family members + a good financial situation etc

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Your spouse must demonstrate ties to his country of residence: His employment/business + if he owns property/land ownership or has a lease + dependent family members + a good financial situation etc
Ohh, so that section is where he demonstrates his ties? Because it's asks "Purpose of travel"

giaaspen

Jan 31, 2020
Hey,
Hello, I’m currently in the same position. Did you get help on the situation? Also, what dodnyou put on your Letter of explanation?

giaaspen

Jan 31, 2020
So you only wrote 1 letter or you wrote one for you and one for him? If you don’t mind would you be able to send me a copy of the letter?

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
We had individual letters. We tried to make the letters as detail and personal as possible and included proof of everything we mentioned in the letters. send me your email and I will send you a copy.

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hello Giaaspen,
I am in the same situation as you regarding writing a letter of explanation for i & my accompanying spouse whom is applying for SOWP.
Please can yo send me a copy of the letter that TracyAT shared with you?
My email address is reachjamesp85@gmail.com
Thanks for your help.
Hi All,

I am also planning to apply study permit via SDS along with my spouse for SOWP, kid (TRV), mother (visitor visa). Can you please help on the below queries-

1. Is it better to apply via SDS or Non SDS when applying with family?
2. Letter of explanation will only be for myself(student), husband (SOWP) and mother (visitor visa) . Is this correct?
3. Since i will be applying with my family, will all the applications processed together or separately?
4. If any one of the application is rejected can i reapply immediately and it will be via regular stream?
5. Does anyone has any idea that if my study permit is accepted, my kid (2 yrs old) TRV will also be automatically accepted. There shall be not be the case of my child's TRV rejection?
6. How early can i apply for study permit , i have been accepted for May 2021 intake and have to leave my current organization well in advance.
7. Can you list me out the documents that i need to submit for the application for me, spouse, dependent child.

Can you guys share me the LOE/purpose of travel please....

Many thanks in advance!

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
Hi all, my wife is applying for student visa and i am applying for sowp. I am applying visa from USA and we both are Indian pasport holder. In this current situation of COVID can we travel to Canada if we get visa approval ? Also what are the chances of approval ? We are here in USA on student visa(both) and if we get visa approval but we need to study from USA is it acceptable ? Please advise !! What if college starts and our visa status is still pending ? My wife’s course is going to start in jan 2021 ! I am appling in october . Is it enough time ?

Last edited: