+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Skill transferability factors - education

catherinelulu

Jun 18, 2015
I really confused about how the points are given under "CRS – C. Skill transferability factors Education".

I did 4 yrs degree in China. The evaluation report I got from WES said "Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's degree(four years)". I also had a 3 yrs advanced diploma in Canada. I have been working since I graduated in 2012, which has been 3 years already. My IELTS score is: Speaking 6.5, Listening 8, Reading 7, Writing 6. I believe this equal to CLB Level 7..

Does anyone has any ideas why my total points given under "CRS - Skill Transferability - Education" is 50? Should I get 25 points under the section "With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) and a post-secondary degree" and 50 for "With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree"?

If anyone could help… It would be really appreciated!!

catherinelulu

Jun 18, 2015
lampbreaker said:
Yes, you should get 50 points under 2+ year of Canadian experience and two or more post-secondary...
Umm… do you have any insight if any information I might entered incorrectly so that I didn't get full mark on that?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catherinelulu said:
Umm... do you have any insight if any information I might entered incorrectly so that I didn't get full mark on that?
You'll get a MAX of 50 points under those 2 criteria.

Read the ministerial instructions to understand this nuance further. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Especially Section 21 (Combination of level of education and official language proficiency) and Section 22 (Combination of level of education and Canadian work experience) and finally this bit...

Points may be combined

(3) The points assigned under subsections 21(1) and 22(1) may be combined for a maximum total of 50 points.

Hope this helps. All the best!

catherinelulu

Jun 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You'll get a MAX of 50 points under those 2 criteria.

Read the ministerial instructions to understand this nuance further.
Especially Section 21 (Combination of level of education and official language proficiency) and Section 22 (Combination of level of education and Canadian work experience) and finally this bit...

Points may be combined

(3) The points assigned under subsections 21(1) and 22(1) may be combined for a maximum total of 50 points.

Hope this helps. All the best!
That is really helpful! Thank you so much!