Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
Dear forum members
I am working in a company based on my current BOWP which will expire in aug last week. I have applied for work permit renewal in june but due to delay in work permit processing i have not got my BOWP yet.
My employer send a mail asking to update the SIN number since its getting expire within 30 days.else I will have to be on unpaid leave of absence.

So far i have responded to the employer that i have applied for work permit extension and after august last week if i do not get my workpermit then i will be in implied status untill a decision is made by CIC. According to CIC website i am good to work in the same company when i am on implied status. But not sure how the HR will respond.

Please let me know if any one has gone through the same situation... and what action has been taken to save the job when SIN is expired

waiting for your response

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
saja_roy said:
Dear forum members
I am working in a company based on my current BOWP which will expire in aug last week. I have applied for work permit renewal in june but due to delay in work permit processing i have not got my BOWP yet.
My employer send a mail asking to update the SIN number since its getting expire within 30 days.else I will have to be on unpaid leave of absence.

So far i have responded to the employer that i have applied for work permit extension and after august last week if i do not get my workpermit then i will be in implied status untill a decision is made by CIC. According to CIC website i am good to work in the same company when i am on implied status. But not sure how the HR will respond.

Please let me know if any one has gone through the same situation... and what action has been taken to save the job when SIN is expired

waiting for your response

Your SIN number is not going to be changed just the expiry date. meanwhile I would call CIC call center and ask if you can work when your application is in proccess. They will say yes. Then asked them to send you an email confirmation. You can provide that email to your employer.

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
You should be fine. My employer allowed me to work on implied status.
It was 1.5 months after the previous WP expiry that i received my BOWP.
Just send the CIC website link to the HR which explains about the Implied status and the proof that you applied for BOWP before the expiry of your current permit.

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I just sent the CIC IMPLIED STATUS link and also receipt of my application from CIC to the HR.
I got the response from my company HR that I can continue in my work till i get my BOWP while in IMPLIED STATUS. and then i need to update new SIN or the new expiry date for HR records.

tension free for now till i get either my BOWP or My PPR whichever comes first.

rohit04

Jun 18, 2014
saja_roy said:
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I just sent the CIC IMPLIED STATUS link and also receipt of my application from CIC to the HR.
I got the response from my company HR that I can continue in my work till i get my BOWP while in IMPLIED STATUS. and then i need to update new SIN or the new expiry date for HR records.

tension free for now till i get either my BOWP or My PPR whichever comes first.
Congrats mate. I'm glad that it worked out okay.
I hope you get your PPR before the BOWP. :)
All the best.